Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Must not have been paying attention. This is just in my hometown. There are many others notably Chicago and Boston majors. However they are starting to back away from this offensive position of punishing business over their speech and religion.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/07/30/2277287/conservative-group-criticizes.html

Mark Hebert, a spokesman for U of L, said Monday the university has not made any decisions yet on whether it will or can terminate Chick-fil-A's contract. Willihnganz is meeting with student groups this week to determine their views on the issue, Hebert said.

Wake me up when something actually happens. They aren't even saying they're trying to or want to term the lease.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Wake me up when something actually happens. They aren't even saying they're trying to or want to term the lease.

Right, only investigating on how they could shut them down. That is what is known as actively working to shut them down. They have since backed away from this position after the overwhelming push back.

Aug 23, 2000
No one claimed otherwise, that doesn't mean we cant ridicule the fuck out them for said beliefs.

So it's ok for you to shit on them for their beliefs, but it's not ok for them to shit on you for your beliefs? kinda hypocritical. Actual, no kinda, it is. That's the problem with the homosexual "movement". They want people to accept them, but they won't accept people with differing views.

Feb 6, 2007
I stated that because you ( and many others ) treat being Gay as if it is a normal gender. No gay is not just another sex like we have male, female, gay, lesbian, bisexuals ... Male and Female are normal. Gay, lesbian and bisexuals are Abnormal as any other defect would be.
I don't even know where to begin with this one, so I guess I'll just say that no one, and I mean NO ONE, has ever thought that being gay is a different gender than male or female. Sexuality and gender are NOT the same thing, and if you don't understand that basic of a point, then there is absolutely no point trying to engage you in a dialogue about this issue. You're not using the terminology the same as anyone else, which explains why you're so adamant about your point. So yes, I agree. A lesbian woman is not a different sex or gender than a straight woman, nor is a gay man a different sex or gender than a straight man. And yet they differ in their sexual orientations. Do you understand the distinction?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Right, only investigating on how they could shut them down. That is what is known as actively working to shut them down. They have since backed away from this position after the overwhelming push back.

No, them saying they intend to term the lease would be.

There's also usually some funky stuff for leases on college property. We've had places that could be shut down for any reason dreamed up by the school officers/trustees. One place got closed, bulldozed, and turned into an empty gravel lot for 10 years for no real reason.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So it's ok for you to shit on them for their beliefs, but it's not ok for them to shit on you for your beliefs? kinda hypocritical. Actual, no kinda, it is. That's the problem with the homosexual "movement". They want people to accept them, but they won't accept people with differing views.

'If gay people want to be accepted, they need to themselves accept people actively working to halt their acceptance'.

lol wut.

Aug 23, 2000
Oh yeah, "except for the stupid over-stepping mayors". Why would we except them from the discussion? They are a prime example of how free speech is attacked in this instance.

Again, I ask, please point me to his comments where there is any hate, or even animosity. We've apparently reached the point where the hateful intolerant left now labels someone saying they "support a Biblical definition" of something as "hate". Absolutely amazing.

You mean because they oppose someone else unilaterally re-defining a concept dear to them to suit their whims? Oh, the horror! How dare they. Clearly they need some time at a dimlib re-education camp.

My thoughts exactly. I don't care what god or gods someone prays to. I don't pray to any god and am not religous at all, but I understand and respect religious peoples RIGHTS to practice their religion and speak about it openly without fear of retribution or attack.
The major issue at hand is that homosexuals keep saying everyone supports them and that the opponents of same sex marraige are small in number, but whenever it is put to the vote, it is proven, time and time again, that the majority of Americans are against the government or any group of people telling them they have to change their views and relgious beliefs.
If you don't like it, shut up and move on.
Go open your own chicken sandwhich shop and spout your beliefs there.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
They want people to accept them, but they won't accept people with differing views.

So if I founded a group that funded other groups to say...put people who eat shellfish in prison, kill people who wearing cloth blends, or stone adulterous women enshrined into our secular law that I'd be merely presenting a differing view?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
My thoughts exactly. I don't care what god or gods someone prays to. I don't pray to any god and am not religous at all, but I understand and respect religious peoples RIGHTS to practice their religion and speak about it openly without fear of retribution or attack.
The major issue at hand is that homosexuals keep saying everyone supports them and that the opponents of same sex marraige are small in number, but whenever it is put to the vote, it is proven, time and time again, that the majority of Americans are against the government or any group of people telling them they have to change their views and relgious beliefs.

I'm unaware of gay people ever saying that opponents to gay rights were small in number. Where on earth did you get this idea? What they have said is that opposition to gay marriage is declining precipitously, and in that they are correct. This is simply the reactionary religious right lashing out because they are upset that they are slowly but surely losing.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
More idiocy from the hateful left. Clearly you hate Christians and anyone who holds religious beliefs.

:D

I don't hate people simply for being Christians. And I don't hate people just because they believe in a book that is full of hate.

Sorry that the truth hurts, but trying to turn it around on me is rather transparent silliness.

PS I think it's cool that so many people showed up yesterday to support polygamy.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So if I founded a group that funded other groups to say...put people who eat shellfish in prison, kill people who wearing cloth blends, or stone adulterous women enshrined into our secular law that I'd be merely presenting a differing view?

Not only that, but were those groups to act against you they would be hypocrites for not accepting your desire to imprison or murder them.

Aug 23, 2000
'If gay people want to be accepted, they need to themselves accept people actively working to halt their acceptance'.

lol wut.

Basically they need to STFU and live their lives and not worry about what others think of them. You can't tell people what to accept. One persons morally right, is another persons morally wrong. Now if Chik-Filet was the staging ground for a lynch mob in every city and they went around lynching all the gays, I wouldn't support Chik-Filet, but for the owner to practice his freedom of religion and be persecuted for it is wrong.
I personally think marraige should be abolished regardless of sexual orientation. Since more than 50% of marraiges fail, it just makes it harder for both parties to get out of each others lives.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Basically they need to STFU and live their lives and not worry about what others think of them. You can't tell people what to accept. One persons morally right, is another persons morally wrong. Now if Chik-Filet was the staging ground for a lynch mob in every city and they went around lynching all the gays, I wouldn't support Chik-Filet, but for the owner to practice his freedom of religion and be persecuted for it is wrong.
I personally think marraige should be abolished regardless of sexual orientation. Since more than 50% of marraiges fail, it just makes it harder for both parties to get out of each others lives.

lol wut x2.

'if someone is actively working to deny you civil rights you should just STFU and live your life and not worry about it.'

Acting like a bigoted asshole isn't any better because a sky beardo told you to act like a bigoted asshole.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Well, I guess the record sales yesterday show what most people think about this issue. The store by my house had people lined up down the block.....crazy........

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well, I guess the record sales yesterday show what most people think about this issue. The store by my house had people lined up down the block.....crazy........

It shows what most people in certain areas think about it.

map-of-chick-fil-a-locations.png

Gee, who'd a thunk.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

What's that sound? Perhaps the slow wheeze of an oxygen tank or the shuffle of a walker?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/first-time-majority-americans-favor-legal-gay-marriage.aspx

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

Civil rights shouldn't be an issue decided by popular opinion. They should be determined by what is equal and fair to all Americans. Remember, we are also a nation where the public opinion before the 1870's was that blacks could not be citizens and could not vote. A black man and a white woman weren't guaranteed the federal right to marry until 1967 due to popular opinion and tradition. Just because a large group of people believe that the freedom of some group of people should be withheld because of their own convictions doesn't mean that the government has any need or right to withhold that freedom. We are a nation founded on the natural right to freedom by all people, not just the majority.

Feb 6, 2007
It's certainly easier for each of us to support free speech when we agree with the speech, but I'll take PokerGuy at his word. Although personally, I think anyone is free to disagree without being opposed to free speech.

PokerGuy said:
Bigoted franchises not found. If you don't like any company, I agree you don't need to patronize them. Vote with your wallet. I'm visiting chick-fil-a today for the third time over the last week, to show them I support their right to have an opinion even if it's <gasp> not politically correct according to the dimlib and celeb political correctness protocol right now.

PokerGuy said:
I appreciate the timing of this, I was about to go buy some new shirts and slacks, now I know exactly where not to shop. Thanks!
Yeah, I'm thinking about them, keeping them in mind to NOT shop there. I shop there fairly frequently, but that won't happen anymore.

Taking a stance that's not politically correct is something we should all applaud and support, unless it happens to be showing a gay family in a Father's Day ad, in which case you've lost PokerGuy's business. That's as hypocritical as you could possibly get, and makes a pretty strong case that it's not support of the first amendment that's driving PokerGuy's decision to support Chick-Fil-A while refusing to shop at Penney's. So, yeah, I'm calling bullshit.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Tomorrow we'll see what the "kiss-in" brings: gay couples going to CFA to publicly kiss.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Judging from the map of locations you probably live in eastern Colorado, which is very conservative.

Keep trying! I live in the Denver metro area, one of the only cities in the US where weed is legal. Not conservative at all.......