Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
What a sickening day. I can't believe how many people went out and spent money to support discrimination.

The only upside was that it made purging the bigots from my Facebook friends list pretty easy.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

I think this applies to most of the people that have posted in this thread, like 99.999%. Both sides of the argument.

I am not excluding myself either.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is hilarious. It's always funny to see conservatives go off the deep end like this. Nobody cares about your 'eat a mediocre chicken sandwich' day. Most of their stores are in deeply conservative areas so of course there is a lot of support. They have been trying to expand into the wealthier liberal areas though, which may now be difficult.

Regardless of all that, this is about the gay marriage fight, one that gay marriage supporters are currently kicking ass in.

Spidey's insane gun knife and chicken picture was awesome though. Jesus Christ that guy is loony.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Sorry I forgot Liberals know everything. Exercise and lifestyle mean little...
So you're going to live longer than Truett? besides CFA is real food, and tasty food at that, not the filler the MC D's style.

btw you had their salads? fantastic! But I'm Sure a Business that operates under Christian principals and serves a great salad would somehow not be up to par...

When your diet is shit exercise and lifestyle mean considerably less. You can look pretty healthy while still being a mess inside, though as you age even the looks will go too.

I'm sure there is someone out there who has smoked 3 packs a day for 40 years and is still kicking. Doesn't mean thats a particularly good idea for everyone else. I grew up with CFA and am familiar with their products. I see precious few salads ordered whenever I've had to be in one.

I implore all social conservatives to replicate Spidy's meal of two fried chicken sandwiches, two fries, and a large sweet tea as often as possible so your voting bloc may be reduced to irrelevance ahead of schedule.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
7a955c0954efbd6e6a488c4683baaecd.jpg

lol...

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I did not know what Chick-Fill-A was before this incident. Where are they? I'm in NY/NJ area and never saw one.

In any case, I am not sure what exactly is the issue here. A chicken company's head speaking his mind? What is the big deal about it? If what he says is obnoxious, you have several choices.

1. Don't go there.
2. Tell others not to go there.
3. Go there and sit and eat while being as gay as possible.
4. etc.

??
Freedom of speech is under attack. That's it plain and simple. If you have politically incorrect thoughts, you must keep them to yourself. Mix in the progressive pastime of outrage against organized religion, (not the Islamic faith though) and this is what you get. In this instance it backfired - big time.

What's most curious is that the man expressed the same thoughts Obama did publicly until very recently when it became very advantageous for him to do so. No outrage when Obama said it. No surprise there.

Ooh, ooh, I've got an illustration too.

che-fil-a-pride.png

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Freedom of speech is under attack. That's it plain and simple. If you have politically incorrect thoughts, you must keep them to yourself. Mix in the progressive pastime of outrage against organized religion, (not the Islamic faith though) and this is what you get. In this instance it backfired - big time.

What's most curious is that the man expressed the same thoughts Obama did publicly until very recently when it became very advantageous for him to do so. No outrage when Obama said it. No surprise there.

che-fil-a-pride.png

pic is trying to hard.

Did CFA actually say they wouldn't serve gays?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
People boycotting JC Penny for supporting gay people? Awesome!

People boycotting Chick-fil-a for attacking gay people? Freedom of speech is under attack!

lol.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
What a sickening day. I can't believe how many people went out and spent money to support discrimination.

The only upside was that it made purging the bigots from my Facebook friends list pretty easy.

To me, it is more about first amendment rights. I go there all the time and will continue to do so.

People have their beliefs and opinions. If you were to defriend everyone who expressed a different opinion or belief from your own, you would have no friends. Let people express their own opinions and just agree or laugh at them. I knew several people going there for the wrong reason and I also knew several people going there for the right reason.

Don't fall into the group of "If you don't like what I like you are an idiot". That just shows how much that person is an idiot.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Mix in the progressive pastime of outrage against organized religion, (not the Islamic faith though) and this is what you get. In this instance it backfired - big time.

Between this thread and a couple of others, I cannot tell what you R's stand for.
You don't even know because you had to play the Islam card while preaching religious freedom

The only thing in common you all have is a hated of this LIBS guy

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Freedom of speech is under attack. That's it plain and simple.

"Plain and simple"? Cool! Spidey07, despite being asked repeatedly, could never explain how this attack was taking place, but it should be easy for you!

If you have politically incorrect thoughts, you must keep them to yourself.

Oops, I guess not. You appear to be another person who cluelessly thinks that "freedom of speech" means "freedom to say whatever you want and have nobody react to it in a negative way". Sorry, wrong.

Mix in the progressive pastime of outrage against organized religion, (not the Islamic faith though) and this is what you get. In this instance it backfired - big time.

Why, because a bunch of right-wingers crowded chicken joints for one day? I'm sure that gave the company some warm fuzzies, but their brand reputation has suffered considerable damage that your positive protest won't have any impact on. As others have pointed out, they've already saturated the market in red areas. You think this move is going to help them thrive in blue ones?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
pic is trying to hard.

Did CFA actually say they wouldn't serve gays?

No, they did not say that.

To me, it is more about first amendment rights. I go there all the time and will continue to do so.

People have their beliefs and opinions. If you were to defriend everyone who expressed a different opinion or belief from your own, you would have no friends. Let people express their own opinions and just agree or laugh at them. I knew several people going there for the wrong reason and I also knew several people going there for the right reason.

Don't fall into the group of "If you don't like what I like you are an idiot". That just shows how much that person is an idiot.

This.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Between this thread and a couple of others, I cannot tell what you R's stand for.
You don't even know because you had to play the Islam card while preaching religious freedom

The only thing in common you all have is a hatred of this LIBS guy

I want to change hate to fear.
Because someone can't actually hate something that doesn't exist.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
1.) Chick-fil-a is attempting to expand to the northeast.
2.) The northeast is the most liberal area of the country.
3.) It is also the wealthiest.

Why are facts hilarious to you?

1.) Yes.
2.) Not for long.
3.) Depends on what you call wealthy. It looks like your version of wealthy are morally bankrupt.

There was a lot of turnout at Chick-fil-a in the northern areas also.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
"Plain and simple"? Cool! Spidey07, despite being asked repeatedly, could never explain how this attack was taking place, but it should be easy for you!

I already answered that for you.

There are however various idiots in city and state government threatening to use government power to oust or ban the business and preventing it from opening stores and so on. That would be infringing on free speech.

There are also idiots on campuses of publicly funded uni's trying to oust the business from campus as well.

All because the owner of the business had the audacity to .... OMG! say that he supports an institution that's been in place for thousands of years. Surprised obummer hasn't gone on TV to bash him yet.

Don't like the company or the views of the owner? Fine, don't go there. Set up a boycott. That's all perfectly fine. Many dimlibs can't stop there though, they feel compelled to use the force of government to punish a transgression against political correctness.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

che-fil-a-pride.png

Freedom of speech isn't under attack. I'm pretty tired of hearing that - it makes you sound like a talking head repeater. How exactly do you think it is? People disagreeing with you doesn't detract from your freedom at all.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I already answered that for you.

Yes, and you said it has nothing to do with the first amendment, except for the stupid over-stepping mayors. But people keep repeating the canard anyway.

What hatred? Can you show me anything in Cathy's comments that are hateful?

Opposing equal rights for all citizens is a somewhat hateful position. But I was addressing that more towards the general tone and tenor of a movement that supports this company specifically because they oppose those rights. If you think most of the people waiting in lineups were doing it for reasons other than their hatred of homosexuals, you're fooling yourself.

More directly -- my post was in reply to someone who claimed that it was "morally bankrupt" to support gay rights -- and that's hateful, pure and simple.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Freedom of speech isn't under attack. I'm pretty tired of hearing that - it makes you sound like a talking head repeater. How exactly do you think it is? People disagreeing with you doesn't detract from your freedom at all.

People attempting to use the power of government (like in Chicago, Boston and other places) to squash speech or opinion they don't like is most definitely an attack on free speech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
1.) Yes.
2.) Not for long.
3.) Depends on what you call wealthy. It looks like your version of wealthy are morally bankrupt.

There was a lot of turnout at Chick-fil-a in the northern areas also.

Cook PVIs in the northeast have been moving in the direction of it becoming even more liberal as time goes on, not less. Unless you are saying that other areas of the country are becoming more liberal even more quickly, sorry. My definition of 'most wealthy' is 'having the most money'. The northeast is the wealthiest area of the US.

Chick-fil-a has been looking to expand their presence in more liberal areas and its very difficult to see how this would be anything but a negative for their efforts to do so.