Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 10, 2007
Well, I'm a pretty vocal supporter of gay marriage and I support Chick-Fil-A as a generally very nice, Christian business delivering a superior product at a competitive price. Didn't eat there today though - they have so much business the line is wrapping around the building and one whole lane of Gunbarrel Road is at a standstill as people wait to get in. So I ate at a gay establishment instead. (Five Guys and no chicks HAS to be gay, right? :0 Right?) I have no need to be in lock-step with Chick-Fil-A any more than I need to be in lock-step with Progressive to contract my motorcycle insurance with them - or for that matter, with Nationwide, with whom I have home and automobile insurance and of whose politics I remain happily ignorant. It's called tolerance. Or as Neil Boortz says, if two people agree on everything then one of them is redundant.

On a side note, ain't it funny that the same side insisting that Focus on the Family and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes are vile hate groups also defend the Muslim Brotherhood? How the hell does an opposition to gay marriage, no matter how wrong headed and anti-freedom, trump a Sharia law theocracy?

On another side note, is there anything that can more rile the left than a Chick-Fil-A located on a road named "Gunbarrel"? ;)
I'm still waiting to see proof of CFA supporting gay hate groups.
There's a difference between gay hate (killing gays) and disagreeing with gay marriage that I think people are misunderstanding.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Folks in my city showing their support. Patriots all of them.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19169333/big-turnout-for-chic-fil-a-after-stand-against-gay-marriage

Chick-fil-A patrons crowded into the restaurant across from Mall St. Matthews in such numbers that traffic backed up on on Shelbyville Road. The wait there was said to be about an hour.

Chic-Fil-A day has been a huge success.
0b8d2617.jpg

Last edited:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Dude, the Dark Ages ended hundreds of years ago.

Yes, because anyone who doesn't support an assault on any person or organization that doesn't march in lock step with the political correctness agenda must be in the dark ages. :rolleyes:

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Looks like Chic-Fil-A is going to be setting store sales records as Americans show their support for the 1st amendment and showing up in droves to support the restaurant.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-chick...ic-issues-in-wichita-20120801,0,5452973.story

It's absolutely fantastic. Over by me the lines are huge out the door, and cars lined up around the block to go there. Total dimlib backfire, the place will do more business today than it normally does in a month, and I'll continue to patronize it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
lots of self-loathing homophobes in this thread now throwing out feckless terms like "patriotism" and "freedom."

Funny how pathetic and loathsome all of you will look in less than a decade's time.

:D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You guys still don't understand dick about the 1st amendment.

Fucking love it!

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What does patriotism have to do with this?

Only people who hate gays are patriotic?

No, it's support for 1st amendment. That's what makes them Patriots and that We The People are taking action. See you in november. Americans flat out REJECT the liberal gameplan and agenda as seen once again in the great uprising all across our nation in support of our 1st Amendment rights.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
No, it's support for 1st amendment. That's what makes them Patriots and that We The People are taking action. See you in november. Americans flat out REJECT the liberal gameplan and agenda as seen once again in the great uprising all across our nation in support of our 1st Amendment rights.

Yep. My gay lawyer is even against all the CFA hate. He thinks the reaction is doing more harm than good because it has all the lefty libs spewing hate and looking like maniacs as they flip shit about old news.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/0...-christine-quinn-asks-nyu-to-evict-chick-fil/

NYC council speaker sends letter to NYU (on official letterhead) telling them to kick out CFA for being gay haters. The other council members are pissed.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
patriotism = gay hate.

to think that this turn out is anything but, is laughable. hell, just look at those grizzled crowds.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Not exactly a shock. The vast majority of CFA locations are in the south where obesity and social repression are a way of life.

On the positive side such an uptick in intake of unhealthy food will merely speed the demographic shift that will slowly, yet inevitably, doom social conservatism to the grave....quite literally.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Not exactly a shock. The vast majority of CFA locations are in the south where obesity and social repression are a way of life.

On the positive side such an uptick in intake of unhealthy food will merely speed the demographic shift that will slowly, yet inevitably, doom social conservatism to the grave....quite literally.

dude, did you see spidey's photos? These guys are already one step in.

:p

Not sure why we need to hang on to the values and hatred of a generation of people that will be dead in 3 years...

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm still waiting to see proof of CFA supporting gay hate groups.
There's a difference between gay hate (killing gays) and disagreeing with gay marriage that I think people are misunderstanding.

This 100 times.

Apparently a lot of people think there are two options: hate for gays, or full support for anything supported by gay people.

Very myopic view of the world IMO.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
No, it's support for 1st amendment. That's what makes them Patriots and that We The People are taking action.

Okay, so you just don't have any clue what the first amendment is about.

Hint: It has nothing to do with boycotting chicken joints run by bigots.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
This 100 times.

Apparently a lot of people think there are two options: hate for gays, or full support for anything supported by gay people.

Very myopic view of the world IMO.

You'll find the most intolerance coming from those screaming "tolerance" at anybody they disagree with. Same with free speech, they love them some free speech, as long as they approve. The liberal is the most intolerant bigot known to man.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
How is boycotting Chick-Fil-A suppressing anyone's "free speech"?

Be specific.

Nobody cares about your little boycott.

This is about politicians officially attacking or attempt to shutdown a business and a owner's freedom of speech AND religion.

How's the massive protest/boycot of Chic-Fil-A working out? How's dem sales numbers doing? I'm sure Chic-Fil-A is shaking in their boots.

Bald Eagles have been known to pounce and eat a chicken. What you're seeing today is 100s of thousands of bald eagles being awoken for a single common cause against tyranny of the "tolerant" left.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2007
How is boycotting Chick-Fil-A suppressing anyone's "free speech"?

Be specific.
Spidey is just the latest in a long line of people who have misused the word "tolerance" in this thread. They equate "tolerance" with "acceptance" and think that not accepting an opinion they agree with is "intolerant."

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Nobody cares about your little boycott.

If they didn't care, then they wouldn't be organizing "appreciation days". And we wouldn't have right-wingers freaking out as they are doing now.

You didn't answer my question, though. How does boycotting Chick-Fil-A infringe on anyone's right to free speech?

PS Since you appear to need some help, a hint: the right to free speech does not include the right to not face consequences for your speech.