Chick Fill Aye on same sex marry age

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
You have all been fooled. The comments made were all part of a secret Liberal plot to entice good values Conservatives to show their support by eating there, thus clogging their arteries and being purged from America. Don't eat there friends! bill o'reilly will expose this plot himself soon I'm sure.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
You have all been fooled. The comments made were all part of a secret Liberal plot to entice good values Conservatives to show their support by eating there, thus clogging their arteries and being purged from America. Don't eat there friends! bill o'reilly will expose this plot himself soon I'm sure.

Wow. I swear I've never seen you break character. You need to start talking about drinking the blood of the innocent to really bring it home though.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
People taking as much advantage of society as they can is one of the reasons libertarianism doesn't seem to me like it would really work. Libertarianism seems to assume that work is naturally fairly rewarded and that government is the only avenue for taking advantage of your fellow man, neither of which seems particularly true.

I also don't quite understand your logic here. You claim a $90k+/year wage but seem to think unemployment benefits promote you not working. Unless I massively underestimate the value of unemployment, I think you still have plenty of incentive to work...

For as much shit as Democrats talk about "greedy Republicans" it sure seems like the only thing Dems think about is money. As I stated, I'm willing to trade some level of lifestyle for time. Sad that you're so materialistic that you'd rather work to death for usless trinkets than spend time doing what you love.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
For as much shit as Democrats talk about "greedy Republicans" it sure seems like the only thing Dems think about is money. As I stated, I'm willing to trade some level of lifestyle for time. Sad that you're so materialistic that you'd rather work to death for usless trinkets than spend time doing what you love.
As Dave Ramsey says: "Buying things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like."

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Complaining about a service then using it seems to be a pretty obvious example of being a hypocrite.

No, he is perfectly fine enjoying the benefits of the system he was forced to pay into. There is nothing hypocritical about it. He plays by the rules of the game, even though if it were up to him the rules of the game were different.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
If you love Chick-fil-A sanwiches you can now buy "chicken offsets.

Chick-fil-A has become the fast-food chain darling for the right after its president declared his backing of “traditional marriage,” which provoked the Chicago and Boston mayors into a brief call to block the chain’s expansion, and then of course an immediate countersurge of enthusiasm from social conservatives for the purveyor of processed poultry sandwiches. American culture wars, baby.

Reuters

But wait — what if you’re a gay marriage supporter and can’t get enough of these sandwiches? (Surely a large segment of the population.)

A Washington lawyer, Ted Frank, has started “Chicken Offsets,” a Web site that will allow chicken lovers to give donations to two lesbian, gay and bisexual groups. (The only other “offset” this writer is aware of is from European airlines for passengers aghast at the environmental damage caused by air travel.)

“We promise your offsets will provide far more money to non-profits that support gays than buying a sandwich at Chick-fil-A ends up putting in the pockets of anti-gay-rights organizations,” Frank said on his web site.

As for Chick-fil-A, as a privately held group, it will be nearly impossible to measure the chain’s financial success, or not, from the recent uproar.

– Steve Goldstein

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/electi...st-food-chicken-chick-fil-a-offsets-are-here/

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Kind of old news, but I just ran across it and LOL'd...

Allen West Sends Chick-Fil-A To Black Caucus Meeting And Offends Everyone, Says Dem Rep

"We have a rotation in the Congressional Black Caucus where every member provides the lunch one of the weeks when we meet," (Rep. Alcee) Hastings (D-Fla.) said in a Monday interview. The lunches, he said, are often quite delicious.

"We have fried chicken. And we have catfish and BBQ. We do not have watermelon, although sometimes people will have fruit. We serve a full course meal with collard greens. We have Jamaican beans and rice," Hastings said. But West "sent Chick-fil-A with biscuits. Ok?"

"That was an 'in your face.' Every member of the Congressional Black Caucus that was there was offended," he said.

Asked more specifically why lawmakers were insulted, Hastings said it was because they saw West's actions as making a statement in support of the conservative views held by Chick-fil-A leaders. West is the only Republican member of the caucus.

"He did it deliberately," Hastings said, explaining that he saw West's message as, "You know, 'That's what I think of you all.'"

The Democratic lawmaker said West hasn't been back to any CBC meetings since then.

:awe:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Wow perhaps someone should set up a PayPal account for him and donate some money... That'll show him you care!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
They apparently folded nearly 2 years ago under similar pressure in response to the same dumbshit comments from their CEO.

They publicly stated that they would change their course, but it never happened.

and, well...this is a letter saying "We will look into it" directed to the Chicago Alderman that really started all of this. It is Chicago, after all. Doesn't take much to make people "happy" there. ;)

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Aww, that's going to make the bigots like Spidey mad.

Think he'll be EYES WIDE OPEN? Maybe not as much as he will be on Nov 7th! ;)

I wish I could see their expressions when they realize that the fuck is upon them.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
I've been giving a lot of business to freedom chik'n. Just had it today.

And none of your money will go to hate groups now. Total fail. :biggrin:

By the way, I thought you were the one who got arrested for shooting people with a handgun carrying the sack of chic fil a? That wasn't actually you? I am amazed.

Last edited:

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
and none of your money will go to hate groups now. Total fail. :biggrin:

By the way, i thought you were the one who got arrested for shooting people with a hanggun carrying the sack of chic fil a? That wasn't actually you? I am amazed.

SPIDEY'S WHITE, LAWS WERE BROKEN, LIBERALS TOLERANT CAIN TRAIN RICK PERRY WILL BE!

Good shoot.