Chicagoans: How Bad Did the Storm Hit Ya

Wheatmaster

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2002
It's just unbelievable. I have never seen this kind of damage in my area ever. 100 year old trees just uprooted like nothing. Telephone poles snapped in half. Power lines down all over. The worse was my basement. Our sump pump battery backup failed and the water reached to my waist level over night and pretty much everything down there was lost :( FYI, I live in the North Shore area of Chicago

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
Ouch! Sorry about that. Were you home at the time it flooded? That is one of my greatest fears. I have a generator just in case.

Wheatmaster

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Analog
Ouch! Sorry about that. Were you home at the time it flooded? That is one of my greatest fears. I have a generator just in case.

yeah we were. we thought once the city sewers finally caught up with the rain, the water would slowly drain out but it kept coming in. fortunately my buddy had a generator and i rented a pump and it took 6 hours to pump all that stuff out -_-

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
we are trapped in town! heh all the roads getting to any town are closed. going to try again today.

luckely i recently redid the sump pumps in my basement and cleaned out the tracks. while a few people in town have flooded basements mine is dry eh

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
It took me 3.5 hours to drive from S Wells street, to the Peace Road exit on 88. I cried.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Sorry to hear that man. If you want to visit in California, I'll save a spot for you. 85 and sunny today ;)

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Gurnee prepped for major flooding, looks like it stopped just shy of 'major.'

Ewat

Feb 10, 2005
It took my uncle 7 hours to get from his office in Villa Park to his home in Evanston because of all the traffic

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
We got owned pretty hard, tons and tons of trees down, light poles down. I've seen like 4 cars smashed completely by tree branches.

My roof got a few wet spots on it (top floor of apt building) but they're dry now.. gotta repaint it :p

in lakeview