Chicago school to run a gunman type drill, which will include firing blanks

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Doppel, Jan 29, 2013.

1. chucky2

chucky2 Diamond Member

Seriously: What. The. F*ck.???

I've lived in the Chicagoland area almost my entire life, you just moved here. You're telling me what the locals consider Chicago and not Chicago???

2. Sonikku

Sonikku Lifer

Remember kids, if an atomic bomb goes off in your town, get underneath your class desk to protect yourself from the radiation.

3. dmcowen674

dmcowen674 No Lifer

I live in Elgin and it is still part of Cook County. I pay Cook county water bill which just went up 15%. I pay Cook county road usage tax of $225 per vehicle.

That's sounds like Chicago fucking taxes to me.

Anything else I can smack you down on?

4. AHamick

AHamick Senior member

Sounds like COOK COUNTY taxes, not Chicago taxes.

I pay my water bill to the City itself, something residents of the actual city do...

But please, continue to show your ignorance...

5. Doppel

Doppel Lifer

He doesn't need an invite; he'll keep showing it for sure.

6. dmcowen674

dmcowen674 No Lifer

Take away Cook county and you have no Chicago.

Same for Fulton County Georgia, take away that county and you have no Atlanta.

Dim wits.

7. AHamick

AHamick Senior member

How the hell do you even think that makes any sense?

If the county just upped and left the municipalities within it would be absorbed by other counties in the area.

Your constant lobbing of juvenile insults is showing your maturity level again...

Again I ask, do you even read this stuff you are posting?

8. chucky2

chucky2 Diamond Member

Are you nuts or what? These towns that live on the periphery of Crook Co. obviously would be better off switching to the other counties around them. Many have tried (Google Lincoln Co.) but unsuccessfully so.

These towns that are far from Chicago are in some ways part of Chicago because they're part of Crook, but, they're also in some/many ways their own standalone town. Cary is one of these towns, but really only recently due to continued housing buildout pre (and even post) housing crash. Cary isn't even in Crook, it's in McHenry Co.

Cary's connection to Chicago is low at best. It's a place people from Cary visit, might work at (commuting to), etc. Vice versa the only thing that Cary has that Chicago wants is people to pay their IL taxes and a possible place to move to when people in Chicago get sick of all that is Chicago.

EDIT: As far as taxes and fees going up, get used to it. You can't have a Co. like Crook do what it does best for as long as its been going on, and not finally suffer some consequences for it. Moving to a Crook Co. town was your first mistake upon entering IL.

Chuck

#58 chucky2, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  9. chucky2

chucky2 Diamond Member

No, it's more like, Take away Chicago and you've got no (need) for Crook Co., as all the rest of the towns could be absorbed into neighboring counties. That is, if the neighboring counties would even want some of the towns in present day Crook.

For example: If you made Chicago a sole county unto itself (keep the Crook name, it's perfect), would Richton Park, Matteson, Park Forest try and get into Will Co? You betcha. Would Will want these towns? F No.

Chuck

10. Chuck_v

Chuck_v Member

Most likely they will not use the "kids" guns as those guns will have live ammo.

11. chucky2

chucky2 Diamond Member

Haha, true, true...