Chicago Cop Caught Sleeping Inside Police SUV

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Ok...what is wrong with that picture...lol
I guess if he is sleeping he is not going to be harassing citizens!!

CHICAGO (CBS) — The Chicago Police Department has launched an investigation after an officer was caught on tape sleeping while inside a department SUV.

Video of the sleeping cop was posted online on Saturday, and has been viewed more than 710,000 times, and shared more than 25,000 times.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/05/19/watch-chicago-cop-caught-sleeping-on-the-job/

It was filmed in broad daylight at 63rd Street and Campbell Avenue. An officer wearing sunglasses was spotted sitting in the driver’s seat of a police SUV, and was sleeping soundly.

The man narrating the video said people get shot all the time in that area, and a young person was shot and killed for his phone not too long ago at that same intersection.

The man who recorded the video walked up to the SUV’s open passenger window, and took a close-up video of the sleeping officer, who never budges.

The video shows the officer sleeping for a full 50 seconds, but it’s clear from the setup of the video that the officer had been sleeping before the camera was turned on, and continued to sleep afterward.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Leave him the fuck alone! So long as he's sleeping he ain't shooting unarmed people or chocking evil bastards that sell single cigarettes to death.

Let a sleeping dog (especially when he has complete impunity to beat, taze, pepper spray, shoot and kill you for damn near any reason) lay you dumb bastards. I'd have given him a pillow or a blanket.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
"50 seconds?" He could've been on break, FFS. I nap on my breaks often.

Spending his break at a place where there are shootings so he can suspend his break and resume duty if need be is going above and beyond. If sleeping in a squad car is the issue, then: BIG DEAL. It upsets you because you'd rather he found a seat somewhere?

Thanks for wasting my time!

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
The cop hating butthurt in this forum is palpable. Might as well rename P&N "Cop Hate" and be done with it. More threads on that topic than anything else these days. Now they can't even sleep without a thread about it.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
Man, I am on cop threads like a fly on shit but this is too much even for me. Are cops not allowed to have a break during the day? Maybe he feels sick and spent most of his lunch break napping or something. I have seen people sleeping during an actual meeting. Maybe he stayed on his previous shift four extra hours helping someone out and is exhausted.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
The cop hating butthurt in this forum is palpable. Might as well rename P&N "Cop Hate" and be done with it. More threads on that topic than anything else these days. Now they can't even sleep without a thread about it.

"Who will guard the guardians?" P&N does.Why yo mad bro?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
No shit. I'm pretty sure the biggest offender got broomed out of here but his legacy lives on. Might as well invite him back, start a Cop Hate forum and make him the moderator of it. They can have a sticky with a picture of a cop doll and everybody can point to the spot where the cop touched them.

The best thing to do is not participate in the threads. Let them die.

My step-DIL's parents are both avid leftists. DIL's mother was relating to me her interaction with the police when her new VW broke down on the highway. She told me she was always taught that the cops were evil, that they were just out to hassle people and make their lives miserable but that she had started thinking that maybe that wasn't the case because they did so much to help her. The point is that cop hate is a learned behavior in many households. Cops are bad in these people's minds no matter what the cop is doing. Walking, talking, sleeping, breathing. It's all bad.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Uh, he may have had a brutal week with lots of overtime and decided to go to work and not call in sick, even though he had an hour of sleep in 3 days.

I'd rather have a sleeping cop on patrol than no cop at all. He wasn't in a coma.

AHamick

Nov 3, 2008
While sleeping on a break is no big deal, even for cops if say, the only?issue I see is he is in plain view and completely unaware of his surroundings. This is a safety issue pure and simple.

Someone with malice for the police had almost no obstruction to harming this officer.

Want to nap on break? Go somewhere secluded or at least have a partner watch your back. He is putting himself at unneeded risk especially in a neighborhood where shootings are frequent.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
While sleeping on a break is no big deal, even for cops if say, the only?issue I see is he is in plain view and completely unaware of his surroundings. This is a safety issue pure and simple.

Someone with malice for the police had almost no obstruction to harming this officer.

Want to nap on break? Go somewhere secluded or at least have a partner watch your back. He is putting himself at unneeded risk especially in a neighborhood where shootings are frequent.

Sorry, what? So cops aren't allowed to park in a legal spot and take a nap on their break? There's no issue at all with what he did, unless someone can show he was on the clock and has done it repeatedly.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Sorry, what? So cops aren't allowed to park in a legal spot and take a nap on their break? There's no issue at all with what he did, unless someone can show he was on the clock and has done it repeatedly.
His boss did say that it is against their rules to sleep in a patrol car. Even so: I don't care. I think it's fine, though an obvious safety risk.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
He should have parked somewhere more discrete. This happens all the time. I don't know a single cop who hasn't caught a nap in their cruiser. Non-news.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Wait I thought people wanted less cop presence now they want more cop presence?

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Man, I am on cop threads like a fly on shit but this is too much even for me. Are cops not allowed to have a break during the day? Maybe he feels sick and spent most of his lunch break napping or something. I have seen people sleeping during an actual meeting. Maybe he stayed on his previous shift four extra hours helping someone out and is exhausted.

I too am on cops threads like...well...a Blanky on cop threads. And I too agree that this is a non issue. I'd rather any worker in ANY job take a quick nap and be able to do their job better after they rest than not take a nap and not do their job well.

And to those concerned for this cop's safety...chill. He is probably more concerned for his own safety than you are. If he felt no threat, then there probably wasn't one. The fact that he wasn't harmed during this nap would lend support to his threat assessment.

Now let's get back to the real police abuse threads :p

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Wait I thought people wanted less cop presence now they want more cop presence?

They just want to hate. Cops don't need to be present for that. Actually, for most of these pussies its better for the cops to not be present.