Chicago Area, Where you going to buy Fireworks??

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
I live in the Western 'burbs and want to make a road trip to pick up some of the good stuff.

Suggestions?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: djheater
I live in the Western 'burbs and want to make a road trip to pick up some of the good stuff.

Suggestions?
Bought all of my goodies on the IN/MI border.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
These guys are the best and have the best stuff. I am downstate so I go to Covington indiana. I think they have a store in Indiana up your way.

Be sure to get the boxes labeled "Violence Ammunition", "Mississippi Gambler" and some of the "Screaming Pterodactyl" bottle rockets.:D

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo

Suggestions?

Specifics?

Should I just pick a road and drive, or is there a place you guys like?

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
You can get them in WI, but be careful, cause a lot of times they set up stings to catch people. You're better off driving down to Tennessee/Alabama if you have the time... it's cheaper there anyway ( a LOT cheaper). Otherwise, you should go during the off season to WI or IN and pick them up when nobody is watching.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: MacBaine
...a lot of times they set up stings to catch people...

HA!

My middle name is danger. I want my explosives, and I want them now.

T3C

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: MacBaine
...a lot of times they set up stings to catch people...

HA!

My middle name is danger. I want my explosives, and I want them now.

hehe, i used to have a neighbor that was a cop, and on the fourth he would bring over all the fireworks that he convescated from people ;)

good times...

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo

Suggestions?

Specifics?

Should I just pick a road and drive, or is there a place you guys like?
All mine were picked up North of South Bend, IN near Granger, IN.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Hmm...I live in Northern Illinois on Interstate 80. I think it would be closer for me to go to Wisconsin. There has to be fireworks stands around Beloit, right?

Are the good fireworks illegal in Iowa, too? Cuz if they aren't my ass is going to Davenport tomorrow. :p

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
I just saw something in the news about how the Illinois State Police is starting to set up check points at the border to check cars for illegal fireworks entering the state, so be careful. I think you would've been better off buying them a month or so ago to avoid any hassles.

Sal

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
i was just about to ask this...but for CALIFORNIA...specifically, in san francisco.

also..is there a law like when u can use fireworks?...only on July4th?

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Salvador
I just saw something in the news about how the Illinois State Police is starting to set up check points at the border to check cars for illegal fireworks entering the state, so be careful. I think you would've been better off buying them a month or so ago to avoid any hassles.

Sal

Hmm...this expedition may require the use of country backroads.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Hmm...this expedition may require the use of country backroads.
Yeah.. I'd take the minivan too, make sure that the tag is up to date and obey all laws carefully. They said that they were "arresting" people that were caught bringing the illegal fireworks over the border.

Sal