"Cheney is a corporate crook! Cheney is a corporate crook!"

HiveMaster

Banned
Apr 11, 2002
Hecklers yell at Cheney as he comes out of hiding.

Cheney has been pretty silent lately, now that his dealings at Haliburton are coming to light.

from the article:
Halliburton is currently being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission for potential accounting irregularities that occurred during Cheney?s tenure with the company.
During a question-and-answer period, Cheney side-stepped inquiries about his role at Halliburton, saying he could not discuss the situation during an ongoing SEC probe.

Irregularities like bidding on government contracts, figuring out what the budget overruns would be (BEFORE they got the contract--how conveeeenient!), and then putting the overruns down as income to help bolster the financial statements.

Sounds like the head of some other company we know...can you say "Enron," you clones? Can ya?

HiveMaster

Banned
Apr 11, 2002

Oh I am sorry, we are not talking about the exploits of an ex-president's penis, so I guess you would not be interested.

It is because of tactics like Cheney's that the stock market is in the tank and millions of people are out of work. But that does not interest you...since there is an R next to his political affiliation, you are ok with whatever he does.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: HiveMaster

Oh I am sorry, we are not talking about the exploits of an ex-president's penis, so I guess you would not be interested.

Where in the hell does that come from? Was that an attempt at an insult? Wow you are an idiot. At least i gave you a free bump.

Whoops, here is another.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
The news is not that the VP was a corporate big dog; the news is that CEOs (and their ilk) don't give a f**k about anybody except themselves, and they are very good at what they do. This includes telling their employees that they are unreasonable and greedy in their pathetic bids to get higher wages.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

It is because of tactics like Cheney's that the stock market is in the tank and millions of people are out of work. But that does not interest you...since there is an R next to his political affiliation, you are ok with whatever he does.

Whoops, i didn't read the rest of your bable. I could care less what political affiliation he has. I am not a democrat, nor a republican.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Cheney has been pretty silent lately, now that his dealings at Haliburton are coming to light.

I thought that it was pretty much normal, for any administration, that the Vice President essentially keeps his mouth shut (except to support his President, and the President's positions on issues).

I have every faith that the Democrats will look into the matter and report back to us if they find anything worthwhile.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

The yawn is probably due to the fact that it is the same old rant from the same old f-tard. Try working the word alleged into your vocabulary, it is appropriate in this instance. It is also funny, but not surprising, that you were the one that brought up the ex-presidents penis.

You want to rant about something, try ranting about why no charges have been filed against Enron.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
This is nothing more than typical partisan politics--both sides do it when given the opportunity.
The amusing thing is that most people don't realise this, and that's why it works.
Politicians wag the dog everyday; but most people think it only happens in the movie or by the opposing party.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer

The yawn is probably due to the fact that it is the same old rant from the same old f-tard. Try working the word alleged into your vocabulary, it is appropriate in this instance. It is also funny, but not surprising, that you were the one that brought up the ex-presidents penis.

You want to rant about something, try ranting about why no charges have been filed against Enron.

Pretty much what the yawn was for. Tired of the same arguments posted 100 times. I love how he jumped to the conclusion that it was because i'm a democrat.
rolleye.gif

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
It is because of tactics like Cheney's that the stock market is in the tank and millions of people are out of work
Well the stock market was in the tank long before the first scandals hit, but if the SEC finds deceptive or fraudulent accounting practices at Haliburton during Cheney's tenure, he should resign as VP immediately.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
This has gotta be the most anti-Californian administration in a while. Bush has been to South Dakota more times than to CA, and FERC pretty much turned a blind eye to CA energy market manipulation. We should just turn off power in GOP controlled districts next time there is a shortage. That'll send a message to Washington in a language they do understand.
I do think the protesters should have let Cheney finish talking instead of interrupting him. I will give him some credit for going to speak at a liberal stronghold.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I love listening to Cheney do his imitation of Bene Gesserit voice control. That joker actually thinks he can project his interpretation of reality by posturing asnd voice.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
Administrations go to where they hope to win a states' electorial votes.
If they don't expect to win there, they don't waste their time.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Hive, it's amazing. You know nothing, yet you've passed judgment and have declared the man guilty of propaganda you like to hear.

rolleye.gif

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: AmusedOne
Hive, it's amazing. You know nothing, yet you've passed judgment and have declared the man guilty of propaganda you like to hear.
rolleye.gif

You just significantly lowered the bar for what "amazing" can be defined as. In fact its so low I think we just lost the differentiation between "amazing" and "typical" or "similar to everyone else in the world who has a clue". ;)

LaBang

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2001
That b!tch better stay out of california. If he thinks he can come to San Francisco again, I'll be there to start the riot.

I don't like the sleeze balls that make up most of our government.