Chenbro Xpider - any good?

lchyi

May 1, 2003
They're the same line of cases as Chenming, Antec, Chieftec, etc. right? If so, they're all the same, and really good cases too.

ethebubbeth

Golden Member
May 2, 2003
umm it's not a chenming/antec dragon rippoff Ichyi... it's a design made by chenbro. i have a chenbro junior and love it... and i've seen nothing but rave reviews for the xpider

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Tom's Hardware seemed to like it enough to make it "Editors Choice", if that's any consolation.
It's an interesting case with what would seem to be plenty of airflow...the price is right too.
If you're looking for a different looking case, that's it. If you're looking for both cheap & good quality, but no selection of colors, I think i'd go with this case from Directron. It may be sold out, but they have a beige model in stock.
Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

kelman6969

Jul 11, 2003
I love this case... great airflow and if you get the 92mm and 120mm fans it's so nice to listen to but it doesn't stop there... I am currently living in the dorms and for those of you who forget what public housing is like it dust city... the air intake with the metal grill (which looks great too and refracts light from inside the case ;-) ) and the filters makes this case dust bunny free. It also has only the slots I want (1 external 3.5" and 4 5") and . THere are a few shortcoming though. One: I ordered mine from Newegg for a flat 50$ but the harddrive cage is a tight fit so I can't cool my hardrives with separate heatsinks and the optional cage which goes in front of the intake fan wasn't included. BTW.... if anyone knows where I can get this accessory please email me at kelly@udel.edu and tell me where!! Two: This is a double edged sword but the screwless design on the expansion cards can be a little annoying but at the same time the screwless design on the 120mm fans is fantastic. All and all it's an awesome quality of case if that what you want!!

PS I'm dead serious about the optional cage.... I'm dying to find it