Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I just watched Obama's speech in Isreal this afternoon and he said he had to get clear information before a decision could be made when asked about the alleged chemical attack in Syria.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I just watched Obama's speech in Isreal this afternoon and he said he had to get clear information before a decision could be made when asked about the alleged chemical attack in Syria.

I feel like that "red line" comment in retrospect was a big mistake. It encourages one side to call our bluff, and it seems to be just that--a bluff. If we wanted to get involved there it would have happened already, plenty of atrocities already committed on par with chemical weapons

Rebel44

Jun 19, 2006
Both sides (government and rebels) agree that it was CW attack
both agree that delivery was by missile
both say that other side is responsible for it :)

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57576009/red-line-has-been-crossed-in-syria-rogers-says/
(CBS News) There's mounting evidence that over the last two years the Assad regime has used "at least a small quantity" of chemical weapons against rebel forces in Syria's raging civil war, House Intelligence Committee chair Mike Rogers, R-Mich., said today on "Face the Nation," adding that the time is now for U.S. intervention.

"there is mounting evidence that it is probable", wow, guy, way to commit.

Although I think that was to their use, later he says "abundantly clear", I think to their movement, which Obama defined as a red line.

I've thought for a while Assad should be taken out, I don't much care if the US thinks it needs chem weapons as justification or not at this point. I just deep down think all dictators should be removed by force. I have thought for a long time that Assad would not leave this situation alive, I am surprised it's taken so long.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You people who actually think we're going to invade Syria and occupy it long term are hilarious. I'll take any of you up on a bet for however much money you desire on that.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
You people who actually think we're going to invade Syria and occupy it long term are hilarious. I'll take any of you up on a bet for however much money you desire on that.

Who is thinking along those lines, of actually putting boots on the ground? That is insane.

I still think Obama will order some missile strikes for a couple hours at most, enough to say he kept his word and CNN has some cool footage of explosions for the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.