Chemical Weapons in Syria

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
That is a LIE, the "rebels/freedom fighters" are supported and back by the West...they can't be terrarists that use WMD on the Syrian government/populous.

The civil war began with anti-government protests in March 2011. The conflict has now claimed an estimated 70,000 lives and forced 1.2 million Syrian refugees to flee.
The United States has said it has "varying degrees of confidence" that sarin has been used by Syria's government on its people.
President Barack Obama last year declared that the use or deployment of chemical weapons by Assad would cross a "red line".
But it seems as if it is perfectly acceptable for the "rebels" to use chemical weapons, because they are "friends" of the West.

And it is perfectly acceptable for US ally to bomb another sovereignty unprovoked.

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Who gives a shit? Two groups of people that hate us are killing one another for free. It's the very definition of a win-win.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
iGas

How about one rival faction that wishes ill will toward another using them. Weaken the guys you don't like and try to provoke a U.S. military response at the same time. A win/win for for a "bad guy" rebel faction.

Do you have the resources to prove this scenario false?

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
iGas

How about one rival faction that wishes ill will toward another using them. Weaken the guys you don't like and try to provoke a U.S. military response at the same time. A win/win for for a "bad guy" rebel faction.

Do you have the resources to prove this scenario false?
Perhaps you are right. And, we might get a better picture as the event unfold.

Last edited:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Who gives a shit? Two groups of people that hate us are killing one another for free. It's the very definition of a win-win.

No shit. I don't understand why we're not cheering in the streets over this one. Just stay the fuck out and we win. Why are so many banging on the war drums? :confused:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
And these are the people Obama is planning to send weapons too?

I imagine the US and Israel would much rather deal with a couple of rag tag Al-Qaeda groups in charge of Syria
Those groups are nothing compared to the threat Assad or Hezbollah is to Israel

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I imagine the US and Israel would much rather deal with a couple of rag tag Al-Qaeda groups in charge of Syria

You are kidding right? AQ in charge of the worlds largest stockpiles of chemical weapons? I can see nothing bad coming from that. /sarcasm

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
You are kidding right? AQ in charge of the worlds largest stockpiles of chemical weapons? I can see nothing bad coming from that. /sarcasm

Only if you think AQ is some monolithic group with a central control.
Which it is not.
How much grief has AQ given Israel compared to the Assads and Hez

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Which it is not.

Would love to see your sources.

On second thought, its probably best I not know. Plausible deniability and all. :ninja:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Which it is not.

Central control of weapons of mass destruction is specifically what keeps them from being used. :rolleyes:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Central control of weapons of mass destruction is specifically what keeps them from being used. :rolleyes:

Your comment and my quote have nothing to do with each other?

Do you think I'm somehow arguing that no one used chemical weapons in Syria?

edit-
I'm leaning that the rebels used it to try and make it look like Assad did it

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Which it is not.

What, is there a peaceful faction of AQ we dont know about? The opposition in Syria sounds very religious and fanatical. I dont think arming to take control of the worlds largest stockpile of chemical weapons is a wise idea.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
My sources on what?
When has AQ attacked Israel?

Your sources on AQ in general. You seem to know so much about them, or at least you think you do.

There is a notion of certainty in everything you have been saying related to AQ.

/tinfoil

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
No. A governing body with responsibility is MUCH easier to deal with than unrelated terrorists.
If anything, it is in our (Israel's, I don't speak for the US) interest that Assad actually stays in power.
You can make an analogy to Pakistan. It has nukes. Would you like its government to dissolve and its nukes stolen by those idiotic barbaric tribes and "not very nice" organizations?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
What, is there a peaceful faction of AQ we dont know about? The opposition in Syria sounds very religious and fanatical. I dont think arming to take control of the worlds largest stockpile of chemical weapons is a wise idea.

From what I have read, the rebels consist of several fractured groups
If Assad goes down, we would have decades of those groups fighting among themselves to gain leadership. edit- see Iraq
If Assad comes out on top, we don't have to worry about chem weapons as much, but Israel has to put up with Assads shit as they have been

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Your sources on AQ in general. You seem to know so much about them, or at least you think you do.

There is a notion of certainty in everything you have been saying related to AQ.

/tinfoil

I do lots of reading on wiki and reddit.
Only a kook would start to think I'm a part of AQ
Best wrap that foil a little tighter

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Two guys from some Jhihad clan just started playing in my game.
They have Arabic nics too.
I'm going to join their squad and see if I can get any info

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Your comment and my quote have nothing to do with each other?

Do you think I'm somehow arguing that no one used chemical weapons in Syria?

edit-
I'm leaning that the rebels used it to try and make it look like Assad did it

Do I need to quote everything you type out because you're incapable of even remember the horseshit you post in the same thread? o_O