Cheez's Guide on How to Improve Your Hearing to Become Best Audiophile in the World

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
What is that site that pretends to be a Christian fundamentalist site, but is really just trolling? And it becomes really difficult to tell the two apart.

That's what this looks like to me - I honestly dont know if these people are serious. Its unbelievable.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
What is that site that pretends to be a Christian fundamentalist site, but is really just trolling? And it becomes really difficult to tell the two apart.

That's what this looks like to me - I honestly dont know if these people are serious. Its unbelievable.

Well, given how long Cheez has been on this forum (and others which he's been banned from) I'd guess it's serious.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I love how for $40k for a power cable you rated it underpriced for the performance...

Is your system written up in any major publications? I know a guy that I bought my current Klipsch set up way back in 1997 was in Stereo Review or something like that. Among other things he has a $100k turntable setup.

I don't think he spent more than $5k on interconnects.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
I love how for $40k for a power cable you rated it underpriced for the performance...

Is your system written up in any major publications? I know a guy that I bought my current Klipsch set up way back in 1997 was in Stereo Review or something like that. Among other things he has a $100k turntable setup.

I don't think he spent more than $5k on interconnects.

Shutup, cables make a difference. ESPECIALLY THE AC CABLE! :whiste:

gus6464

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2005
I just love how he puts videos on youtube so you can listen to how good his system supposedly sounds. Those power cables are so magical they will even blow your aural senses through the internet.

felang

Feb 17, 2007
Yeah, look up the youtube videos. They're pretty great if you're looking to laugh at crazy people.

If the rocks were $25 instead of $2500 I'd buy one just to file a BBB complaint and sue them for selling play dough.

EDIT: Wait, THIS IS CHEEZ's site?
http://www.coconut-audio.com/UnrealUltraCheez.html

Uhh...why is he allowed on AT?

This is comedy gold:

This is just amazing, did he really graph his completely subjective opinions in a scale of 1 - 10??? I really can´t make fun of this guy anymore, he must be mentally challenged in some way.

Also, I really can´t believe an audiophile would have a powersupply with a fan spinning right next to his speakers.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
This is just amazing, did he really graph his completely subjective opinions in a scale of 1 - 10??? I really can´t make fun of this guy anymore, he must be mentally challenged in some way.

Also, I really can´t believe an audiophile would have a powersupply with a fan spinning right next to his speakers.

And a better toslink cable is needed too! Fiber quality affects the bits dammit!

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
99% of audiophile stuff is baloney, and nobody knows which 1% is of any use.

Buy good speakers that suit your listening preferences.
Put them in a good room.
Listen to good sources of music you like.

Play it loud and have fun, hearing doesn't last no matter what you do.

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Look it up on web. You will have to search around hard for months. Browsing for a few minutes won't cut it.

Edit:
I looked it up myself, and there is zero evidence to support your claim of general health being related to hearing.
You spent 10 minutes on browsing. Of course you can't get enough information to find out how good health (by good diet and exercise and STOP eating your favorite candy bars) has impact on hearing. Browsing for 10 minutes and jumping to conclusion will get you nowhere.

So I ask again, what is your source for this?
There is too much info. I don't have time to pull all that up. You will need to do research on health foods, exercise, and proper care of ears has a big impact on hearing. You will also need to experiment yourself with fruits and veggies, exercise, and don't irritate your ears by not touching / scratching.

cheez

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
(WOW NOT TOUCHING YOUR EARS AMAZING THANKS FOR THE TIP) or straight-up wives tales.
That is actually a great advise and good thing to bring up. Most people don't realize touching / scratching their ears affect the ability of hearing. This is due to irritation. Like I said before, based on my testing / experience it really works. Don't touch your ears. Don't play with your ears. Leave them alone. If you've got wax built up, get with the professional who knows how to effectively and safely clean your ear and canals.

Well, given how long Cheez has been on this forum (and others which he's been banned from) I'd guess it's serious.
Yes I am serious. I did not even bother responding to people here going OT. They are simply here to derail.

Eat healthy food, avoid bad food, exercise everyday, don't touch your ears and you'll be in good shape to improve hearing for music listening.

cheez

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Look it up on web. You will have to search around hard for months. Browsing for a few minutes won't cut it.

You spent 10 minutes on browsing. Of course you can't get enough information to find out how good health (by good diet and exercise and STOP eating your favorite candy bars) has impact on hearing. Browsing for 10 minutes and jumping to conclusion will get you nowhere.

There is too much info. I don't have time to pull all that up. You will need to do research on health foods, exercise, and proper care of ears has a big impact on hearing. You will also need to experiment yourself with fruits and veggies, exercise, and don't irritate your ears by not touching / scratching.

cheez

You had time to bullshit everyone about this when you started the thread, but now you don't have time to "reveal your sources". That says to me that there AREN'T ANY other than your delusion.
You can't be taken seriously, and I'm glad everyone realizes this now.
What a joke.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
It's mind bottling that these people think a hideous looking plaid sleeved cable makes an iota of difference when the electrical wiring in the house itself is plain old standard wire (if they're lucky).

The retardation is strong.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's mind bottling that these people think a hideous looking plaid sleeved cable makes an iota of difference when the electrical wiring in the house itself is plain old standard wire (if they're lucky).

The retardation is strong.

To be fair, while your overarching point is correct ("audiophile" cables are a rip off), the way you express your point is not.

Almost every gadget we are talking about is going to be DC, which means it's not directly connected to the house mains but instead to a power supply (which may be physically inside said gadget). Given enough money, you can filter any imperfection out of the power supply until you are left with the perfect waveform for your application.

Think about your CPU. Dont you think it's more sensitive to ripple than an amplifier? Of course it is, which is why the power system on your motherboard is so big and in the case of Haswell you even have an on-die power supply.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com

Came into the thread for a reported post of derailing. Looked around. Saw the dubious OP when it was first posted. Saw requests for the OP to back up that post with a source. Saw another poster give excellent sources that do NOT corroborate the OP. OP posts the above reply in regards to a source to back him up. *I'm* convinced the OP is a troll - that the power cables are a joke being played on the audiophile community - that his bathtub water cooling was a big joke - etc. Thus, when it's called into question whether this is a serious thread or not, I *tried* to give it a chance. But, it seems apparent that the OP does not or rather, can not support the OP (which most is good for general health) as being a way to *improve* hearing. And, most importantly, this is a tech section, not Off Topic - thus this thread is locked as useful discussion pertaining to the thread title isn't happening. If someone made a claim about any specs for any hardware, and refused to back that claim & wouldn't give a source for those specs, that would be locked similarly. I'm not aware of people even trying to do that. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.