Cheez moved out to wilderness, then got free housing, & going back to Wilderness

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
How in the hell at this point does he even have money for cell service? And keeping his phone charged?
Don't really need money for cell service if it's voice or data over free wifi, and he has a generator. Even so it would be nice to have cell service for emergencies but if he sticks to wifi whenever possible, one of those subsidized plans might suffice, or tracfone is about $50/yr., plus AFAIK, even a phone that has had its service run out, can still make 911 calls??

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Don't really need money for cell service if it's voice or data over free wifi, and he has a generator. Even so it would be nice to have cell service for emergencies but if he sticks to wifi whenever possible, one of those subsidized plans might suffice, or tracfone is about $50/yr., plus AFAIK, even a phone that has had its service run out, can still make 911 calls??
The dude is getting money from his (worried) parents. This much is abundantly clear to me.

Reactions: Captante

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
He was sitting pretty when he had that (free?) apt.
But to be consistent with the renegade gone solo, Jesus follower theory, he must take risk, put himself in harm's way, and eventually Jesus either saves him, or he's screwed. This is the trend promoted by leaders of cults, at least, Jesus testing him.

Playing devil's advocate, Psalms 37:32, "Do not put yourself intentionally in harm’s way. But be aware that the children of wrath will look for opportunities to murder the Christian if they can because they hate Jesus and His Word." ... “The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.’’

Point being, if Cheez wants to follow the teachings of someone in a book, he needs to start reading a lot more and realize that a lot of what Jesus stated, was already written, did not need to be specialized for him, never did Jesus supposedly tell people to buy specific things, that's a completely 20/21st century delusion..

Cheez, you have to be watching this topic, ponder what I wrote because it makes no sense to anyone else. ;)

Last edited:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
The dude is getting money from his (worried) parents. This much is abundantly clear to me.
I don't doubt that, but at this low point he's at, it wouldn't take much money to stay afloat, living rent free, barely surviving. Besides the shed and scooter, I could do that right now if I just went 10 miles away into the woods, not daring to think I could make a homestead claim on frequently traveled property.

IMO the location Cheeze chose is nuts. If you want to live devoid of modern ammenities, there are more secluded places to do it. Look at any geo map and areas with a lot of green have a lot of seclusion by wooded areas instead of the 20 yard patch he chose. I'm back to the Jesus testing him theory, that he knew his chosen location was a gamble.

Last edited:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Certainly wouldn't have been my first choice, BUT credit where credit's due he's still subsisting there to this day.
He's not dead yet but he's inbetween two lifestyles at this point. He doesn't want to integrate back into society but he has not exhibited the skills, nor made the effort to be self sustaining, and he can't, when he is on a small stretch of someone else's property.

He should go NW to the hippie communities where tiny homes and doing it the hard way is kewl.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
He's not dead yet but he's inbetween two lifestyles at this point. He doesn't want to integrate back into society but he has not exhibited the skills, nor made the effort to be self sustaining, and he can't, when he is on a small stretch of someone else's property.

He should go NW to the hippie communities where tiny homes and doing it the hard way is kewl.

Tell you what I could easily live in a slightly larger "tiny house" then the one cheez has provided it was set up properly (read: heated & insulated) on a fully legal lot with utilities.

The issue with cheez as I'm sure you realize is his mental illness not the living situation by itself. (OR the issue is he's a scammer not 100% sure)

Assuming he's legit homeless for a moment, even with his parents financial help taken into consideration there are a LOT of homeless folks (families) doing way worse then he is.

Troll-Jeebus:

577542_149245018537827_1298297673_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: brianmanahan

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Well, he's at least gotten a taste of what it would have been like for the pioneers trekking over the land with no facilities.

I wonder if he has bought all the Ray Mears content he could handle...

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: brianmanahan

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Yeah I'm starting to think the primary reason he chose that site was he was able to give the shed delivery truck, street name delivery instructions to get within ~100 yds of it and there's a clearing in the row of trees to get there... and likewise, if he's going to be scootering or cycling around, he'd rather be on pavement ASAP rather than unkept terrain.

It's really not a bad spot if not for the trains, and the little issue of not having any right to be there, so he could be removed at any moment and can't practically build up any infrastructure without an expectation that he'll have long term use of it.

That's what Jesus wanted.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
That's what Jesus wanted.
Don't forget, Trollin' Jesus wanted Cheez to make a shed for his parents right next to his.

Edit: Of course, God led the Israelites through the desert for 40 years. Maybe God is punishing Cheez for pushing those cables earlier in life.

I don't know his employment history, but possibly he would qualify for getting a check for disability? Schitzo can be a real B***h some days. (Speaking from experience, here.)

At least I've (somehow, by the Grace of God), managed to qualify for a check, and get an apt. of my own, that I've had now for 10 years in my current location, I think, and 6 before.

It is getting harder to manage, I keep buying crap on the internet and filling my apt. (I'm what they call "high-functioning".)

Last edited:
Reactions: mindless1

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Don't forget, Trollin' Jesus wanted Cheez to make a shed for his parents right next to his.

Edit: Of course, God led the Israelites through the desert for 40 years. Maybe God is punishing Cheez for pushing those cables earlier in life.

I don't know his employment history, but possibly he would qualify for getting a check for disability? Schitzo can be a real B***h some days.
Maybe if he gets diagnosed with depression.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I don't know his employment history, but possibly he would qualify for getting a check for disability? Schitzo can be a real B***h some days.
Maybe if he gets diagnosed with depression.
Only if Jesus tells him it's ok to accept that.
I'd have to re-read the thread but i thought he said he was checked & cleared mentally about the time he moved out of his free apartment. Of course that's him saying he was cleared so who knows.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I'd have to re-read the thread but i thought he said he was checked & cleared mentally about the time he moved out of his free apartment. Of course that's him saying he was cleared so who knows.
But demons were also slamming the apartment doors non-stop, I think we can take his claim of "being cleared" with a pinch of salt about this size:

23.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: aigomorla

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

He was cleared by ATOT. So totally legit.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Depression? You don't think that he has schitzo? (Mods, if we're not allowed to talk about that here, then delete my post, with my apologies.)
He could be, but a psychologist might still think he's just dumb and into Jesus. I always thought schizos have a lack of control when the symptoms manifest themselves. As in actual perception of voices, not just dumb delusions, such as with Vince Li.