Cheerleaders Ambush, Beat Girl on Video

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Dr. Phil has indeed backed away from the story, stating "we have decided not to go forward with the story as our guidelines have been compromised". As if compromising his shows guidelines was possible.

Also, for ProfJohn, I can now provide a Fox News Story Link! Now you can believe, PJ.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Update: Some good news about this story;

I heard about this on the new this morning and found some conformation, it appears the victim has got herself a good lawyer and she should get some decent monetary compensation;

Gloria Allred to represent videotaped beating victim

Lakeland, Florida ? The father of Victoria Lindsay, the Lakeland teen whose beating was captured on video, says the family has hired famed attorney Gloria Allred.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Socio

I heard about this on the new this morning and found some conformation, it appears the victim has got herself a good lawyer and she should get some decent monetary compensation;

Lakeland, Florida ? The father of Victoria Lindsay, the Lakeland teen whose beating was captured on video, says the family has hired famed attorney Gloria Allred.

Allred is a hardass... I hope they sue Dr. Phil too..

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan

while what Dr.Phil did was disgusting it was nto against the law.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: waggy

I know.. but.. just maybe it caused more emotional distress for the victim

Did Dr Phil call the victim to hope she has a speedy recovery... did he offer to give her $30,000 for her medical expensese before he offered to invest $30,000 to bail out the "annimalistic" attacker?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Something I heard.. that is even more scary about this whole incident.. *only rumor though...

I heard that the girl who got beat up... didn't do anything on myspace or whatever.. the attackers just wanted a good video for youtube... they made the whole thing up..

^^ I hope that is not true...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Did Dr Phil call the victim to hope she has a speedy recovery... did he offer to give her $30,000 for her medical expensese before he offered to invest $30,000 to bail out the "annimalistic" attacker?

so?

him bailing out the victim (no matter if it stresses out the victim) has nothing to do with her.

but yeah Dr.Phil is going to have a big backlash over this.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

so?

him bailing out the victim (no matter if it stresses out the victim) has nothing to do with her.

but yeah Dr.Phil is going to have a big backlash over this.

I understand what you are saying.. but dr phil is similar to Oprah ... preaching compassion and love etc...

I hope for his sake that he did contact the victims family and express some sort of empathy for what they are going through