Cheerleaders Ambush, Beat Girl on Video

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
I love the excuse used by the parent of one of these girls. This parent says the girl who was beaten provoked this attack because she posted bad things about her daughter on the internet. This is of course a load of crap. In the end though I don't think the punishment will ever address these girls lack of remorse or the horrible parenting involved here in this story. Hopefully the two boys who posted up as look outs also get charged as adults IMHO. It would in some small way address the crime committed and make sure everyone involved in this crap end up getting what they deserve.

http://www.local6.com/news/15817493/detail.html

[Cheerleaders Ambush, Beat Girl on Video

Cheerleaders Pummel Girl For 30 Minutes In 'Animalistic' Ambush Attack, Police Say
Sheriff: 'Shocking, I've Never Seen Anything Like It'

POSTED: 5:30 pm EDT April 7, 2008
UPDATED: 9:47 am EDT April 8, 2008
POLK COUNTY, Fla. -- Six teen girls lured a former friend to a home and ambushed her, taking turns pounding on her face and body for 30 minutes until she was unconscious as someone videotaped the violence, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

PHOTOS: Attack Lasted 30 Minutes

"Shocking, I've never seen anything like it," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said. "They seem to have absolutely no remorse at all. I don't understand the sheer violence."

Investigators said the victim apparently posted something against the six girls on MySpace before she was lured to the home by a phone call from teen Mercedes Nichols.

Police said the girl traveled to the house and walked into the trap.

One girl met her at the door and five others were hiding in a back room, detectives said. The girls were then seen on video pummeling the girl in the face and body and slamming her head into a wall.

As the videotape rolled, a girl's voice is heard yelling "There is only 17 seconds left; make it good."

Police said the girls wanted to post the video on YouTube and MySpace.

"'There is only 17 seconds left; make it good,'" Judd said. "That is animalistic behavior and it is pack mentality. They lured her there to beat her and beat her. They left her with a concussion. We have photographs of her with two black eyes; her nose is swollen."

The girl was taken to a hospital by ambulance and treated for a concussion, damage to her left eye and left ear, and numerous bruises, the report said.

The girl can no longer see well out of one eye and hear from one ear, Local 6 reported.

Police said two boys stood lookout outside the house during the beating.

Some of the girls accused of being involved in the attack were on a cheerleading squad at a local high school in Lakeland.

Judd said he wants the teens tried as adults, Local 6 reported.

The six girls and two boys face battery and false imprisonment charges.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Disgusting. 30 minutes of beating? They should all be thrown in jail so they can experience the ass end of such a beating.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Such violent brutality on another might be grounds for execution by my book. I am a little conflicted on how I?d proceed with that but it?s the first thing that springs to mind.

If you throw them in jail it merely hardens the hatred against others. If you ever release them I have serious doubts as to whether they?d seek redemption or vengeance.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Such violent brutality on another might be grounds for execution by my book. I am a little conflicted on how I?d proceed with that but it?s the first thing that springs to mind.

If you throw them in jail it merely hardens the hatred against others. If you ever release them I have serious doubts as to whether they?d seek redemption or vengeance.

Just give them to the dad, one at a time, in a dark and isolated room, for 30 minutes a piece.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Drift3r

I love the excuse used by the parent of one of these girls who says the girl who was beaten provoked this attack because she said bad things to her daughter on the internet. This is of course a load of crap. In the end though I don't think the punishment will ever address these girls lack of remorse or the horrible parenting involved here in this story. Hopefully the two boys who posted up as look outs also get charged as adults IMHO. It would go a long way in addressing crime committed and make sure everyone involved in this crap ends up getting what they deserve.

I heard about this on the radio and yes a total lack of remorse is right, in fact they wanted to know how long they were going to have to be at the police station because they did not want to miss cheerleading practice.

Bill O" Reilly had a segment on this on the Factor tonight and he had an attorney present and the attorney said they should all be tried as juveniles and just get community service which would be a tragedy of justice.

These idiots need to do some time in prison so they can find out just how tough they are not.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Socio
Bill O" Reilly had a segment on this on the Factor tonight and he had an attorney present and the attorney said they should all be tried as juveniles and just get community service which would be a tragedy of justice.
A travesty as well.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
These idiots need to do some time in prison so they can find out just how tough they are not.

What is the purpose behind that? Punishment could drive their desire for vengeance just as easily as it might drive atonement. How can we be sure which it is they find in jail - lest we intend to ensure they have more victims to prey on once released?

How do we salvage such beasts as to swear by society?s safety? To promise this will be their last victim? I do not know, but certainly jail doesn?t promise anything.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
This isn't anything new if you think about it. Remember how the blacks and gays used to get beaten for hours and then hung back in the day? People don't change much it seems.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005

What is the purpose behind that? Punishment could drive their desire for vengeance just as easily as it might drive atonement. How can we be sure which it is they find in jail - lest we intend to ensure they have more victims to prey on once released?

How do we salvage such beasts as to swear by society?s safety? To promise this will be their last victim? I do not know, but certainly jail doesn?t promise anything.

It is true that our penal system does work well, but what do you do with criminals? I believe They should be tried as adults. I won't venture to suggest a punishment though.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
My old man would have beat the crap out of me if I had ever participated in anything like that. I guess those days are gone, but the kids need some kind of severe punishment. What they did was cold-blooded felony assault. Can't let them off with a slap on the wrist.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
That is really scary.. super scary.. how sick all 8 of these children are..

I, please, hope that any parent who defends the childrens actions is charged as an acomplice.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002

I don't think 6 months in jail would harden anyone but should scare them straight. If it doesn?t then that?s where they were eventually going to end up anyway so no harm no foul.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Sickening. They should be tried as adults, and so should the boys that were acting as "lookouts". Their lack of remorse shows that they really are not fit to be part of civilized society. I'm not sure how that can ever be fixed, putting them in a jail with other hardened criminals will only make them more dangerous when they come out. Perhaps solitary confinement with no other human contact for a couple of years will give them time to think about their actions.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
Sickening. They should be tried as adults, and so should the boys that were acting as "lookouts". Their lack of remorse shows that they really are not fit to be part of civilized society. I'm not sure how that can ever be fixed, putting them in a jail with other hardened criminals will only make them more dangerous when they come out. Perhaps solitary confinement with no other human contact for a couple of years will give them time to think about their actions.
Thats what I'm thinking. These girls are hardcore bitches, not hardcore criminals.
Despite everyones anger here, I dont think regular prison will do them any good.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Where are those Eugenics laws when you need them? These chicks are perfect examples of why forced sterilization should still be around. Worthless pieces of shit.

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87
Where are those Eugenics laws when you need them? These chicks are perfect examples of why forced sterilization should still be around. Worthless pieces of shit.

no kidding what a bunch of pieces of shit...
I hope they get tried as adults.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Well now that they've shown the world how tough they are, they can be put to the test in a federal penitentiary.

Lily white upper middle class cheerleaders are known to thrive in that environment, or so I've heard.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Oh....the horror! Someone said something mean to them. I completely understand now why they had to do this. They were defending their good names and honor after someone said something about them on a MySpace page. That makes it all ok now that they explained it. /sarcasm

Get over you little twats. Life is hard and people are idiots.

It wasn't the first time something was said bad about you and after your stupidity, it certainly is just the tiniest of tips of an iceberg the size of Texas. I hope that Myspace has enough storage space on their servers. After what everyone is saying about these stupid little "victims" of slander and meanness, they are going to have a lot of posting to do of ass kickings that they are going to have to travel world wide to administer. We should all be fearing for our own safety.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
They should be treated as adults and have the book thrown at them. I'm normally not a 'sue happy' person but I hope the parents of the beaten girl sue the other parents.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: dahunan
*at least they didn't beat up some girl who didn't do anything to them like Bush did when he killed all those Iraqis.
Get over yourself already, why does everything come back to Bush and the war?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
One of the parents of the attackers says that only two teens took place in the beating.

If that is true I would try them two as adults and I am guessing they would be looking at a year or two at most.

For the other 4 I would just leave them in Juvi hall until August when school starts again and then put them on a probation that requires them to stay in school until they graduate. I would also not allow them to participate in sports, cheerleading or other school activities.

It may not seem very harsh to us adults, but at that age 5 months locked in the house is going to seem like an eternity.