Check this out: PowerColorGeForce2GTS64 vs MSIGeForce2Pro64

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
OK i ordered the MSI Starforce 831 GeForce 2 Pro 64 Mb DDR from TotalPCetc.com. after a week i called them up to see what's up with the order, and they said that they dont have this card in stock since MSI hasnt shipped them the new batch yet. SO they were offering the Power Color Geforce2 GTS 64mb DDR Pro with TV-out + some crappy game. They claim that the PowerColor has the same specs as the MSI...
You guys think its worth it getting the PowerColor? I've never heard of that company. Also even though Powercolor one says GeForce2GTS, its listed under the GeForce2Pro section in newegg.

-ANil

UKtaxman

Mar 3, 2001
The Pro and the GTS are the same core, but at different core speeds. The correct name for the Pro is the Geforce GTSpro and therefore it is possible that this is indeed a normal GFpro.
Did that make sense?

BTW I have a feeling that MSI have revamped their GF2pro card. I have just got one having ordered the MSI starforce card, but the card that arrived is named G2pro Plus-T64D and overclocks very well indeed(248core and 505memory). So I may take the card out and see what the memory is rated at. I think this may indeed be some sort of "golden sample" in a similar vein to Gainwards.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
i see i see....a bit too late but thanks regardless. i just ordered the PowerColor. I just couldnt wait any longer!!