Check out The History Channel's lineup today (3/22)...

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
My TiVo is all revved up, and ready to go! :)

(All times Eastern...)

2:00-4:00pm The True Story of the Screaming Eagles: The 101st Airborne
4:00-6:00pm The True Story of Black Hawk Down
7:30-8:00pm Band of Brothers Preview

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
gosh, i wish i was not stuck in school to 4, i would love to see the 101st airborne, and im too cheap to tivo

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
The true story of blackhawk down has been shown dozens of times already. I'm suprised people haven't already seen it. The actual book is far better than this documentary IMHO.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Rudee
The true story of blackhawk down has been shown dozens of times already. I'm suprised people haven't already seen it. The actual book is far better than this documentary IMHO.
I read the book before I saw the movie or the documentary, and I agree that it's the best... But then again, it's pretty rare where the book isn't better.

At any rate, that doesn't take away from the fact that it's an awesome show. :)

Night201

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: dquan97
Originally posted by: Mwilding
That is a GREAT show!
can that show be recorded then hosted?
I'll see what I can do. Contact me later in the night.

EDIT: SORRY, I can't set it up by logging in remotely. Can't do. Sorry.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Mwilding
That is a GREAT show!
I've never seen this one, can anyone give a synopsis? Now don't get me wrong, I'm no leftist liberal pinko, but I read *on the internet* that the Somalia incident actually had to do with oil. Apparently the incumbent dictator had guaranteed contracts with several large American oil companies, and when this dictator was ousted in favor of a non-US backed dictator, these oil contracts were lost. Of course the conspiratorial argument is that the government created the whole warlord-intercepting-food-to-starving-children excuse to go in there and retain the oil interests of these large companies.

I'm not saying this is the truth, I'm just wondering if this is touched on in the History channel show.

ASK THE COMMUNITY