Check out my website

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Well done for a non-professional site. I like the simplicity and cleanliness. I see you used an area map for the links... was that the easy way out ? :D

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: rh71
Well done for a non-professional site. I like the simplicity and cleanliness. I see you used an area map for the links... was that the easy way out ? :D

Thanks :) I was thinking about using flash for the links or making individual images but I jusdt got very lay - it seems to work find though!

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Nice site design.
Clean, easy navigation..
The black and white thing is nice and crisp :D

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
I like the My Words page.

You need to make more of the items on that sheet of paper link up to other pages ;)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I guess you're lucky that RippleHost recently increased bandwidth for all it's customers to 2GB instead of 1GB :)

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: RossMAN
I guess you're lucky that RippleHost recently increased bandwidth for all it's customers to 2GB instead of 1GB :)

haha, very glad! I forgot how much I paid them but it's been worth every penny... Too bad the mail server's a little flakey at times though...

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: igowerf
It doesn't display correctly in Firebird for me...

Crap.. I'll download firebird tonight to test it out.. works fine on opera/safari and IE.... wonder why/how it's screwing up...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212

Crap.. I'll download firebird tonight to test it out.. works fine on opera/safari and IE.... wonder why/how it's screwing up...
Hint: Frontpage is an M$ product. ;)

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: rh71

Hint: Frontpage is an M$ product. ;)

True, but I'm too lazy to code by hand :) Guess I'll have to download a trial version of DreamWeaver as well...

ClueLis

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2003

According to the W3 validator:

Fatal Error: No DOCTYPE specified!

I could not parse this document, because it does not include a DOCTYPE Declaration. A DOCTYPE Declaration is mandatory for most current markup languages and without such a declaration it is impossible to validate this document.

You should place a DOCTYPE declaration as the very first thing in your HTML document. For example, for a typical XHTML 1.0 document:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>Title</title>
</head>

<body>
<!-- ... body of document ... -->
</body>
</html>

For XML documents, you may also wish to include an "XML Declaration" even before the DOCTYPE Declaration, but this is not well supported in older browsers. More information about this can be found in the XHTML 1.0 Recommendation.

The W3C QA Activity maintains a List of Valid Doctypes that you can choose from, and the WDG maintains a document on "Choosing a DOCTYPE".