Cheapest place to buy Windows 7 licenses?

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
about the only valid inexpensive way to get it is the OEM version from Newewgg/NCIX/Amazon
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-806-_-Product

You could try ebay/key resell sites but there is a VERY VERY high chance that those keys are not valid.

Pricing for Windows licenses has been pretty steady for years.

Unless you go to a university and are eligible with the MSDAA or dreamspark programs, where its dirt cheap

OrionMaster

Oct 21, 2014
The reason I ask is because in my country people sell licenses that Microsoft validates for about $10. I asked the sellers repeatedly, they swear its legit ,these folks have huge positive reputation in the ebay equivalent site. W7 says those are legit licenses after I put the key. I don't know where they get them. Maybe some kind of massive bulk buying? They do not come with a DVD, manual or paper of any kind so maybe Microsoft saves money in these materials which enables them to sell the keys in bulk amounts at a low cost

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
About the only ones that I know of here in North America that is that cheap is the Dreamspark program, which has other requirements.

most likely those are ripped keys from some program. Did they atleast come with a COA sticker of some sort?

If not 95% chance they are stolen/ripped keys. It may work now, but who knows if they will continue to work or say after 6months it comes back invalid/illegitimate.

There is no way that some random seller is getting that much of a discount, even the major royalty OEMS (Dell,HP,Lenovo,Acer) still pay about $50 per license on average

OrionMaster

Oct 21, 2014
I have been using one I got from these guys for about 2 years now. I think this is something exclusive to my country because piracy is very high so microsoft figured its better to get something rather than nothing

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Late reply but the colleges and universities will have it the cheapest and it will be a legit version. If you know anyone going to school have them buy it for you with their school I.D. Also if you know anyone in the pc repair business or networking buisness they can get you a copy cheaper than buying one out right from a store. At least 25% cheaper.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The reason I ask is because in my country people sell licenses that Microsoft validates for about $10. I asked the sellers repeatedly, they swear its legit ,these folks have huge positive reputation in the ebay equivalent site. W7 says those are legit licenses after I put the key. I don't know where they get them. Maybe some kind of massive bulk buying? They do not come with a DVD, manual or paper of any kind so maybe Microsoft saves money in these materials which enables them to sell the keys in bulk amounts at a low cost

The $10 price tag and the lack of a C.O.A. are pretty good indicators it's fake.