Cheapest method to get all Guild Wars games

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have a WTB thread on this too, but I figured in case I didn't get anything...

I'm looking to play through GW1 so that I can unlock stuff for GW2 (and of course it's fun and for the story).

I used to have a GW1 account but I have no idea what my login info is anymore lol.

So, I'm looking to buy all of it again. I know that you can get the trilogy for $30ish dollars, and some places have EotN for like $5. Is this probably the cheapest way to get the entire collection?

Darkrage

Dec 15, 2008
my local walmart has all games and the expansion (in one bundle) for 40 bucks.......

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
well, it looks like the trilogy is $30 on Steam, but EotN is also $30? wtf....

damn, you really do need EotN. good luck trying to get all the goodies prior to GW2. :D

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
well, it looks like the trilogy is $30 on Steam, but EotN is also $30? wtf....

damn, you really do need EotN. good luck trying to get all the goodies prior to GW2. :D

Yeah, we'll see how it goes. Looks like I can get EotN for around $10 on Amazon. I have a source for the trilogy now, so maybe I'll go with that.

*checks how many vacation days he has left* :D

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, we'll see how it goes. Looks like I can get EotN for around $10 on Amazon. I have a source for the trilogy now, so maybe I'll go with that.

*checks how many vacation days he has left* :D

haha, really?

I would have offered to sell you mine, but, well....I'm thinking I may want to hold onto my account ahead of GW2. it's been 2 years for me, still not sure what the details are for the benefits of GW1 Hall trophies.

I have piles and piles of shit in that account. :D

Apr 12, 2010
Thought I saw all of them for <$20 somewhere not too long ago.

Glad I found some schmuck to pawn off my Original + Factions account to, not too long ago. Although after shipping, I didn't make much profit. :(

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Steam used to have them at a pretty good price but then cranked them up to $30 a pop.

In any case, between posting in about 5 different forums I got the entire set for $25. Started playing the Nightfall campaign last night for a couple hours and got to level 4 plus change with my ranger. Now off to find a warthog...

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Thought I saw all of them for <$20 somewhere not too long ago.

Glad I found some schmuck to pawn off my Original + Factions account to, not too long ago. Although after shipping, I didn't make much profit. :(

Should have just e-mailed him the e-mail and password and have him download the rest.

If you buy the steam version does it matter where you get the others or is it just all linked through your Areanet account?

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Should have just e-mailed him the e-mail and password and have him download the rest.

If you buy the steam version does it matter where you get the others or is it just all linked through your Areanet account?

They're all just linked together. Even if you download it through Steam you can still just launch it outside of it as if you got it from anywhere else.

Darkrage

Dec 15, 2008
Steam used to have them at a pretty good price but then cranked them up to $30 a pop.

In any case, between posting in about 5 different forums I got the entire set for $25. Started playing the Nightfall campaign last night for a couple hours and got to level 4 plus change with my ranger. Now off to find a warthog...

Are a lot of people still playing this? Every time i'm at wally world I contemplate picking it up , but I remember from the trial, that I didn't like the controls to much...(like moving char wow style..with mouse)

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Are a lot of people still playing this? Every time i'm at wally world I contemplate picking it up , but I remember from the trial, that I didn't like the controls to much...(like moving char wow style..with mouse)

The controls are very much like wow; you use the keyboard for movement and mouse for rotation. Single clicks begin attacks. I see quite a few people online.