Cheapest Haswell motherboard?

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
Any idea as to what that is? MSI B85M-P33 is the cheapest on newegg right now for about $65+$7 shipping = $72. Anything cheaper than that? Also, do you think that that board will work with an Xeon E3-1240V3? I am not going to be overclocking.

I'm not particularly concerned with board features other than at least a couple USB 3.0 ports and a couple Sata 6GB ports. (I don't plan on having many USB 3.0 devices in the next 5 years...)

The more I can shave off motherboard price the more I can spend on more important components (video card, SSD, etc.).

BF4~GaM3r

Mar 26, 2014
Any idea as to what that is? MSI B85M-P33 is the cheapest on newegg right now for about $65+$7 shipping = $72. Anything cheaper than that? Also, do you think that that board will work with an Xeon E3-1240V3? I am not going to be overclocking.

I'm not particularly concerned with board features other than at least a couple USB 3.0 ports and a couple Sata 6GB ports. (I don't plan on having many USB 3.0 devices in the next 5 years...)

The more I can shave off motherboard price the more I can spend on more important components (video card, SSD, etc.).
Yes, and i own this board[B85M-P33] -have had it about a month now and it is Affordable plus Awesome in performance,durability,you name it...

P.S. I slammed it across room and stomped on it to test it out...

...Hehe jking. ;)

Excellent board though. Recommend to anyone.

Last edited:

pcsavvy

Jan 27, 2006
Depending upon the chipset, there are couple of H81 motherboards for about $45-49 at Microcenter. I am sure they would be around the same price at Newegg. Depends upon what features are important to you. Do you want more than one pcie x1 slots or dgpu 2.0 or 3.0 or dual or tri?

I got the Asus H81m-plus because it had 3 pcie x1 slots so if want to add a sound card or wifi adapter or whatever I have the slots for it. It is a great little board for a non-overclocking user.

TridenT

Lifer
Sep 4, 2006
I've had the board for months now. It's fine. Looking back, I would have liked to get one with PCIe 3.0, more USB 3.0 ports, way more controllable 3-pin fan connectors, and in a mini-ITX format.

Whatever.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
can save on shipping if you have AMEX CC... (Shoprunner)

btw, better MBs have better voltage stability and all that, probably does not matter unless you are OCing or using multiple GPUs...

Last edited: