Cheap true 5.1 headsets

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
I own a set of Wavemaster HPX-5100, true 5.1 analog headphones, comes with an amplifier too. I bought them for 50€ 6 years ago and they've served me reasonably well.

They are not the most comfortable thing at any rate, and they certainly ain't built to last. They did because I tape things up and tie things down, but it's all falling apart and turning into biohazzard.

So I'm in the market for a set of gaming headphones that can deliver decent sound quality for music too. My budget is low, though, nothing above 100$ or 75€.

The problem is, I can't find anything. It's all USB bullshit with software soundprocessing and whatnot. I don't want none of that shit. I want proper, real 5.1 surround with independent twitter and subwoofers.

Can somebody help me out with some suggestions?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
The reason why it's hard to find is because so near-field your ear and so small, independent drivers don't do much. Most feed a 5.1 signal into stereo mixing and most good headphones do a great job of giving the user a proper experience.

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
Thanks for the advice, but I know all the goods and bads. Yeah, it's crap sound quality, but it gives me a competitive edge when playing online FPSs to the point that I notice a considerable drop of performance (my own performance) when playing with stereo headphones, no matter how good the sound quality.

I'm considering these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00275C2L6