Cheap recertified Sony CRTs - 21" for $200

cremefilled

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2000
Support "Coming Soon"
Monitor Repairs "Coming Soon"

Ouch. But thanks, and I will bookmark this site. Ground shipping is $59 on a 21". !2 mth. warranty, and you probably pay shipping both ways (?), so that any repairs are almost cost prohibitive even if warranteed.

McCarthy

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
"Trinitron is the only CRT to have won two Emmy Awards for outstanding picture quality."

You can win an Emmy for monitor clarity?

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
http://www.azatek.com has better prices and they have this 7day satisfaction guarantee thingy where if you're not satisfied in 7 days.. they'll pay for shipping for you to send it back...

i ordered a dell p1110... my experiences hasn't been that great though.. the monitor came with poor convergence(unable to fix from OSD), and the horizontal lines turns blurry when I turn the brightness past 10.
Too bad I didn't see the 7 day guarantee thing and I didn't call for RMA until a month after I ordered the monitor

Yomicron

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Originally posted by: McCarthy
"Trinitron is the only CRT to have won two Emmy Awards for outstanding picture quality."

You can win an Emmy for monitor clarity?
Sony History
As Sony was preparing to establish a new plant overseas, wonderful news came. Sony's Trinitron was selected for an Emmy Award. The Emmy Award is to the TV industry what the Academy Award is to the motion picture industry--the highest of all honors. The award is presented by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences to acknowledge television's best programs, actors, producers and TV stations as well as ground-breaking technology for broadcast hardware systems.

cubanx

Oct 27, 2000
As virtualgames0 has experienced it's not a very good idea to buy a refurbished 21" monitor becuase these larger display's are more prone to convergence issues in which your basically stuck with it unless you pay $40-$50 to send it back and then they might send a replacement that's even worse. I bought a new 21" Viewsonic from Dell and went through two before getting one with at least decent convergence at the corners. Luckily I got it from Dell so they paid all shipping costs.

sparhawk6

Aug 26, 2003
Just thought I would add my own experience here. I have owned a refurbished 21" Sony CRT for about 2.5 years now, and it has been nothing short of perfect. No problems whatsoever. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

*knocks on wood*

Armoth

Jan 22, 2003
This might have something do with the announcement that Sony will stop making CRTs and will focus on LCDs.

clarkmo

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
From the site:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Vivamus venenatis. Cras nibh lacus, mattis sed, nonummy vel, pharetra sed, sapien. Phasellus luctus. Integer non tortor. Donec vulputate. Curabitur in velit. Aliquam erat volutpat.

Phasellus luctus. Integer non tortor. Donec vulputate. Curabitur in velit. Aliquam erat volutpat.

Translation:
Lor itself I am hew/chop into shaped may be he/she/it may love, the consectetuer the adipiscing the elit. We may be alive you imbue or infect with poison. Tomorrow the nibh the basin/tank/tub, to the mat of rushes but, the nonummy even, the quiver but, the sapien. The kidney-bean the grief. The fresh troops the Nones the torturer. While by the vulputat. He/she/it will be arrange/see/attend toed into he/she/it may wish. Largely he/she/it was the volutpat.

The kidney-bean the grief. The fresh troops not the torturer. While by the vulputat. He/she/it will be arrange/see/attend toed into he/she/it may wish. Some he/she/it was the volutpat

??? My translator must not be working too well.

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: clarkmoFrom the site:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Vivamus venenatis. Cras nibh lacus, mattis sed, nonummy vel, pharetra sed, sapien. Phasellus luctus. Integer non tortor. Donec vulputate. Curabitur in velit. Aliquam erat volutpat.

Phasellus luctus. Integer non tortor. Donec vulputate. Curabitur in velit. Aliquam erat volutpat.

Translation:
Lor itself I am hew/chop into shaped may be he/she/it may love, the consectetuer the adipiscing the elit. We may be alive you imbue or infect with poison. Tomorrow the nibh the basin/tank/tub, to the mat of rushes but, the nonummy even, the quiver but, the sapien. The kidney-bean the grief. The fresh troops the Nones the torturer. While by the vulputat. He/she/it will be arrange/see/attend toed into he/she/it may wish. Largely he/she/it was the volutpat.

The kidney-bean the grief. The fresh troops not the torturer. While by the vulputat. He/she/it will be arrange/see/attend toed into he/she/it may wish. Some he/she/it was the volutpat

:confused:

Armoth

Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Tullphan
Originally posted by: clarkmoFrom the site:

Translation:

Yes, thank you for that valuable addition to the thread...
rolleye.gif

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by: sparhawk6
Just thought I would add my own experience here. I have owned a refurbished 21" Sony CRT for about 2.5 years now, and it has been nothing short of perfect. No problems whatsoever. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

*knocks on wood*

Same here. Had mine just over 2 years with thankfully no problems. I got mine from here