Cheap Prescription Glasses Thread (as low as $19)

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Roland00Address

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2008
So recently I purchased two sets of glasses at Zenni Optical.

Long story short the post office lost them. They said they delivered said item, that the post man "scanned" the tracking information, but it never reached my mailbox. (My assumption is the post office delivered it to the wrong house.)

After battling with the post office for weeks, I just decide to call Zenni Optical even though it was the post office screw up. They asked me to get a letter from the post office saying they lost, them. So I went to the post office for the 4th time (2 in person, 2 over the phone) and the supervisor said I can't write that letter for our records said it was delivered. She admitted it may have been delivered to the wrong address, that she had no guarantee that it was delivered to my house, but she would not write the letter saying the item was lost.

So I called Zenni again (an hour since I talked to them last). Within 10 seconds of me explaining the situation, they gladly agreed to send another two pair to my house. It did not matter who screwed up, what mattered is the customer got taken care of. They were willing to take a loss of the raw cost of the items, assembly, and postage to keep the customer happy. Even better I did not have to fight them, they understood the situation and instantly took care of me.

----

Well I just recieved both pairs of glasses and I am impressed. Thin lenses (1.61) and they seem to be well built, and the prescription is accurate.

One Frame+Lenses cost $29.90
another model cost (frame+lenses) cost $43.90

Now I am a stickler for clean glasses and I hate to clean them so I paid for the extra $14.95 coating to make the lenses oil/fingerprint resistant (they already get the uv and scratch resistant for free) so the total cost for this feature for both pairs was $29.90

So my total was $108.65 after the $4.95 flat rate shipping.

I would highly recommend them again.

Crow550

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
+1 for Zenni. They are awesome.

Use code SCHOOL10 (needs to be in caps) to get 10% off till the 15th. I just ordered a pair of Frameless and Sunglasses.

Sucks the Post Office lost your first pair but glad Zenni was able to fix it.

zettler

Nov 16, 1999
I like Zenni and several others. There is a $15 coupon for 39dollarglasses.com too - EYE 15