Cheap MP3 car headunit at walmart

Kraeji

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 1999
Hey guys I don't know if this price is great but I was just at walmart today and I saw a headunit on sale. It was a generic brand but It had specs like:

CDR/CDRW/MP3 compatible
40x4 Watts Max

decent looking silver faceplate

Anyone buy it and test it out? It was only $130 so I figured it was worth the gamble. We'll see on christmas when I hook it up for my sister.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Just a rebaged Koss. Make sure you use a noise filter and have a good ground as I have heard it has a bad internal amp. If you use the RCA outputs it might help but don't know if anyone has tried it yet.

freemanteo

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2001
just got it a few days back and it works great.... i figured since its from walmart, no problems returning it if it goes down anytime soon! :)

great price for its features!! removable faceplate/MP3/CD/FM etc.... it supports titles too but ISO9200(length of title is limited)

cremefilled

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2000
You can view it on sears.com. I personally think that it looks pretty good for the price, but the display won't be of much use for displaying titles. Can this unit deal with CDR's filled with mixed bitrate MP3's? The Memorex portable I have can only "find" the tracks that have the same bitrate, and as any Napster/Morpheus/Audiogalaxy user knows, you get all sorts of different bitrates when you download. Also, can it handle VBR (variable bitrate)?