Cheap 'dressy' clothes

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001
I'm in school now so I don't need to have dressy clothes, but I am attending a conference next week for 5 days and need to get a couple of outfits. The last time I needed to buy anything I just went to Man's Warehouse (or something like that) and got the slacks, tie, and jacket, but was around $200 bucks and right now I don't have the $$$ to spend like that. Is there anywhere where I can get fairly nice clothes for a somewhat low price? I'd be willing to spend some money for a jacket or something, but I don't want to get 5 $40 shirts that I won't wear for another year or two. Anyone have ideas?

Poncherelli

May 28, 2001
Marshalls is nice, they have name brand clothes and a pretty good selection. Its not like Mens Warehouse where you can get anything/ any color/ any size, but i got some nice Calvin Klein dress shirts for like 16 bucks each, some ties at 5-15 dollars each, and a nice jacket for around 99 dollars this fall. Its a good place to get last years clothes at a discounted price.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

<< Marshall's. Got some sweet Perry Ellis shirts for $15 :D. >>

Perry Ellis shirts suck. I got like 20 of 'em and i hate them. I gotta dress up for work everyday, so i got alot of dress clothing. You can try here for some quality threads at decent prices. Check the clearance section, usually some good stuff there.

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001
Thanks for the replies guys. There is one over in Pentagon City so I can just hop on the Metro and go there tomorrow (along with the BB across the walkway :D)

I was thinking of Target too, but I believe they have the more preppy, upscale Gap look.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
If you have a "Off Fifth - Saks Fifth Avenue" outlet near ya, check them out. They were clearing out the last of their winter clothes at insane prices last time I went. They sell some sports jackets that are fairly cheap too. A Hugo Boss button shirt fer $20... :Q

You can also try Eddie Bauer's clearance outlet for some cheap shirts, slacks, etc. Their sweaters are usually a good deal now.
The Gap usually clears out previous season stuff, so it's good to browse their racks for dirt cheap pants, the quality isn't as good as other places but if you take care of it, it'll look good enough fer girls to comment on them. :)

Also, if you have them, some outlet clearance stores in my area are Syms and Burlington Coat Factory. Syms is especially good since you can usually get the same stuff Macys has for full price fer SO much less. My friend got a pair of Kenneth Cole shoes at Macys on sale, then went to Syms and picked up a second pair for even less the next week!

Eminem2k1

Dec 19, 2001
since your in pentagon city ( i am in subs of Mont. County :) ), check out potomac mills, they have nordstoms rack & other outlets where you can mos def find some cheap deals!

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001

<< since your in pentagon city ( i am in subs of Mont. County :) ), check out potomac mills, they have nordstoms rack & other outlets where you can mos def find some cheap deals! >>

I was thinking about going down there from the post before yours, and I need to return something to Ikea. I think they also have a Saks off 5th Ave too. But I just don?t feel like schlepping down there and dealing with the crowds. Decisions decisions decisions. :p I might go over and look at a thrift store too, but I am willing to spend more then twenty bucks. :D