Cheap, disposable mobile phone coming.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
An inventor in the United States is working on a $10 phone that is three credit cards thick and made from recycled paper products.

The Phone-Card-Phone comes with 60 minutes of calling time, a hands-free attachment and is designed to be thrown away after its use. In addition, the user can charge extra calling time via his/her credit card.

Link

saxman

Banned
Oct 12, 1999

<< The inventor, Randi Altschul, is also working on a paper laptop, which would cost $20 and be available at the end of 2002. >>

lol....yeah...sure

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
What's up with this disposable trend? I saw a commercial the other day for disposable hearing aids. WTF??? LAME.

l2c

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< can't go wrong with creating un-necesary waste! >>

LOL, no kidding

ahhah

disposable phones. How much more usless can you get

disposable laptops would be funny, defeating the whole purpose.

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
What kind of wasteful things are they going to think of next? Disposable plates? Cameras? ...oh, wait... nm

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
Having big-ass diesel powered trucks go around to pick up your empty jars of salad dressing does not seem to be a very efficient process...

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001
I see problems here.

All portable phones (whether activated or not) must still allow 911 calls to go through! I have an old sprint spectrum phone that required a sim card. Phone is useless without the card but still will call 911.

This creates a problem where someone can pick up a discarded phone and make a crank call.

The other scenario: Saddam could have a bunch of kids routing through garbage cans collecting phones. Then he would have them shipped over to his operation where they will combine their processors to make a massively parallel supercomputer for tactical military ops! :)

Cheers!

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
nooooooooooo
this was my idear
i had it like 2 years ago

STOP WATCHING MY LIFE!

*kat. <-- too young and no capital to get rich