Cheap case with plenty of room

Tiber1337

Apr 30, 2015
I need a case that's around 40-50 bucks even cheaper if possible ( 200 RON romanian currency) that has plenty of room for any GPU possible nomatter how big and for a 160mm cpu cooler

If there even is such a case at that pricepoint I'm going to be shopping for it mainly here:

http://www.pcgarage.ro/carcase/

See if you can find anything! thanks

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Looking through the site it looks like the best bet is going to be the DeepCool Tesseract as it is a pretty roomy case and will support CPU coolers up to 165mm. It supports GPUs up to 310mm which is pretty long unless you plan on going with an absolute monster of a GPU.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I need a case that's around 40-50 bucks even cheaper if possible ( 200 RON romanian currency) that has plenty of room for any GPU possible nomatter how big and for a 160mm cpu cooler

If there even is such a case at that pricepoint I'm going to be shopping for it mainly here:

http://www.pcgarage.ro/carcase/

See if you can find anything! thanks

I recently built a replacement for my brother's LGA_775 system for an i5-3570K and Z77 chipset and ATX motherboard -- using a seriously "old" CoolerMaster Centurion case. I was able to fit a GTX 570 graphics card to it with the barrel-fan cooling similar to reference design high-end cards. I don't think the 570 was any smaller than cards of the GTX 780 or 970 variety.

It was still a "tight fit," with special attention to installing certain storage devices in the cage opposite the graphics card: While I only had the intention of using 2.5" SSDs, it was impossible to fit a 3.5" HDD in that cage with clearance for the GTX 570.

I also assume from your description of a "160mm CPU cooler" you mean an air-cooling heatpipe tower. Certainly a CM Hyper 212 EVO would fit, but I don't think any of the bigger heatpipe towers I've used exceed that limit.

The Centurion I mentioned was a cheap case then, and its descendant models now are still cheap. You could do any number of things with a cheap case to accommodate larger fans for both front-panel and side-panel, provided you want to do the work with a dremel with cutting wheel, a drill with 1/8" and 1/4" drill-bits. If you don't need but one or two 5.25" drive bays, you can install a 140mm fan covering three bays to augment front-intake if you replace any solid cover-plates with vented ones.

Tiber1337

Apr 30, 2015
Looking through the site it looks like the best bet is going to be the DeepCool Tesseract as it is a pretty roomy case and will support CPU coolers up to 165mm. It supports GPUs up to 310mm which is pretty long unless you plan on going with an absolute monster of a GPU.

Sorry for reviving the topic, what kind of monster GPU's are you talking about that will pass 310mm. I'm getting the case u suggested and I absolutely want to know that I'm covered

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Sorry for reviving the topic, what kind of monster GPU's are you talking about that will pass 310mm. I'm getting the case u suggested and I absolutely want to know that I'm covered

You can do a survey on your own of several graphics cards to include your own likely choices. My GTX 970's measure 10.98" or about 279mm. This didn't vary appreciably from the length of my GTX 780 or an old GTX 570 in my possession.

But it's going to seem like a "close call" for a lot of smaller midtower cases, and for this or that case, I can anticipate a bad fit. On the up side, some of the newer Maxwell cards are made shorter with a single-fan cooling solution. But you should choose the case to fit the parts you want to use, unless you don't mind getting out your Dremel and drill to "rearrange" the case without rearranging its face.

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010

Few cards are over 310mm, and it's not going to be a problem finding any specific GPU on a card shorter than that. For example, Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 is 312mm, but almost all other 970's are shorter.