"Cheap" cards a joke in Canada

Brethon

Jun 11, 2002
After reading the sub $200 video roundup I was excited to think that I could get a card like the GF4 Ti 4200 for about $300 CDN. So I'm all pumped, have the cash in my pocket, and it's being sold for $420! How on earth can this be? It makes me mad that I have to use the inconvenient process of foreign (US) order just to get a card at a reasonable price. Heck, the only cards under $300 CDN were MX series cards.

On an unrelated note, I'll introduce myself as a new poster. I'm in Victoria, B.C., Canada (just west of Bellingham, Washington). I'm a moderate gamer -- I oogle most games, but don't have a screaming machine.

Huma

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
i picked up an abit ti4400 in vancouver for $350.

ti4200's are in town for $245 (64mb abit) to $280 (128mb aopen).

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Brethon
After reading the sub $200 video roundup I was excited to think that I could get a card like the GF4 Ti 4200 for about $300 CDN. So I'm all pumped, have the cash in my pocket, and it's being sold for $420! How on earth can this be? It makes me mad that I have to use the inconvenient process of foreign (US) order just to get a card at a reasonable price. Heck, the only cards under $300 CDN were MX series cards.

On an unrelated note, I'll introduce myself as a new poster. I'm in Victoria, B.C., Canada (just west of Bellingham, Washington). I'm a moderate gamer -- I oogle most games, but don't have a screaming machine.
you just need to look harder. get a copy of "the computer paper" and check out the stores' web sites.

check out this link:
http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137246

ASK THE COMMUNITY