cheap bulk sms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerdv

Dec 2, 2010
A friend of mine needs to send around 4000 sms every week and he asked me to find some solution to avoid his current provider (which is just a reseller) and get directly to the main providers. My first choice was nexmo, but according to him, there are solutions that give better prices, more exactly less than one cent per SMS. Maybe he is wrong or maybe Im using the wrong search terms, but I cant find any provider offering less than a cent per sms.
Our requirements are reliability, preferrably USA based provider or one that accepts PayPal and including Cuba in the coverage with the desired price. Any suggestion?

Locking this as it is an old thread that spammers like to reply to.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

watdaflip

Feb 11, 2013
I haven't had the need to send SMS messages to any of my website users, but perhaps this might help...

It would depend on whether the carrier is available, but most carriers have an email gateway available you can email a SMS message to which is relayed to the phone # provided. You could potentially reduce the number of SMS messages that need to be sent through a third party gateway drastically enough that the month cost for the remaining messages is negligible. If you could sent 3.5k of the 4k SMS's via a carrier gateway, you could get 500 messages/month from a 3rd party provider for < $100 year

Just a thought... not sure if you are aware of that or not. Sorry I can't help with any experience with specific bulk gateways

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

andrew_tcom16

Mar 6, 2015
I haven't had the need to send SMS messages to any of my website users, but perhaps this might help...

It would depend on whether the carrier is available, but most carriers have an email gateway available you can email a SMS message to which is relayed to the phone # provided. You could potentially reduce the number of SMS messages that need to be sent through a third party gateway drastically enough that the month cost for the remaining messages is negligible. If you could sent 3.5k of the 4k SMS's via a carrier sms gateway, you could get 500 messages/month from a 3rd party provider for < $100 year

Just a thought... not sure if you are aware of that or not. Sorry I can't help with any experience with specific bulk gateways

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

Yes, it make sense. But could you advice such providers in US or Israel? I have the same issue. Thanks in advance.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Why on earth would anyone need to send that many texts. Even teens with an IQ of 72 have learned to use IM apps to text for free once they go past the first few SMS messages.

Rayniac

Oct 23, 2016
Why on earth would anyone need to send that many texts. Even teens with an IQ of 72 have learned to use IM apps to text for free once they go past the first few SMS messages.
Maybe he has a business that needs to send texts to customers every now and then?

doitagain

May 9, 2017
I know someone who keeps his 3 Blackberry around and on an old OS for the sole purpose of being to sent out SMS and make it look like each of his 4,000 recipients received it individually.
Night life events promoter...

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Where do these kinds of sites get their data from: https://www.carrierlookup.com/ ???

Most carriers, like Verizon, Sprint, etc....all have their own receiving SMS gateways that are linked back to their numbers. If you could use their API or find accurate, up-to-date source data for a number to carrier crosswalk, you could code a variable that swaps out the phone/carrier email like 1234567890@mobilecarrier.com and just Emails all the SMS gateways. Should be pretty easy to script/code if you could get the source data.

Reactions: kristin mathew
Status
Not open for further replies.