Charlie's Angels Full Throttle: Diaz $20 mil, Barrymore $14 mil.......Liu $4 mil

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

goog

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2000
Originally posted by: gotsmack
Originally posted by: CTrain
Originally posted by: gotsmack
Originally posted by: jooksing
Asians always get the shaft :|:(

Lucy Liu should of held off on doing the movie and force them to make her a better offer.

yea we get the shaft often, but not this time. Lucy could have held out for a little more maybe 6 mil tops.

The other 2 chicks have been around for a while and lucy's only been on the big screen for a few years.

They should have Kelly Hu replace Lucy.

Barrymore is just average and she can't really act. How did she get the part? I'd rather watch Kate Hudson do her part.

Diez is not really that hot anymore, she used to be, but shes old now.

DUDE, Drew's the PRODUCER.

So she weaseled her way into the movie!! Who does she think she is? Woody Allen?

Woody Allen isn't a producer, he directs (most famous for), writes, and acts. The only movie he ever produced was in 1966. Several actors are producing nowadays.

Cameron Diaz is 29, that's hardly over the hill even in Hollywood.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: MichaelD
I really wouldn't call $4M "getting shafted."

Even after say, a 33% taxation rate, she walks w/$2.7M. Minus 20% for her agent/makeup artist/homosexual fashion consultant, it's STILL over $2M!!!!!!

I'd dress up like her and do whatever for that kind of money!

Nobody got ripped; people got overpaid, that's all!

Parking in Boston-$12.50
Movie Tickets-$15.00
Snacks-$10.00

seeing MichaelD in drag as an asian female-priceless:)

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
The only reason I will see this movie is to gather mental images of Lucy Liu for my private moments...

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Dacalo
Lucy Liu is not attractive at all IMO. She has that stereotypical Asian look, which isn't considered attractive by most of other Asians.

There are wwwwaaayyyy more attractive Asians out there.

I don't know how the hell she got herself into Hollywood.

<---Asian

man u are smoking some bad crack...Lucy Liu is hot. Don't diss your own race! hahhha

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: jooksing
Asians always get the shaft :|:(

Lucy Liu should of held off on doing the movie and force them to make her a better offer.

Oh yea, I'm sure its just cause she was Asian
rolleye.gif
I was just waiting for someone to say that.

If it has ANYTHING to do with her race, there could be reasoning behind it. They are heavily marketing the sexuality in that movie. IN GENERAL, people tend to be more attracted to people of their own race, and in America, it is being advertised to a lot more white people than Asians, so going by that being their marketing scheme, doesn't it make sense for the to get more money?

That said, I highly, highly, highly doubt i has ANYHTING to do with race. Diaz and Barrymore are much more well known actresses, and thus get paid more.

And that being said, I think all 3 of them are ugly as sin. Liu and Barrymore I find nothing attractive about, Diaz has a decent body but a horrific face.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Rufio
Lucy Liu is not attractive at all IMO. She has that stereotypical Asian look, which isn't considered attractive by most of other Asians.

<---Asian

man u are smoking some bad crack...Lucy Liu is hot. Don't diss your own race! hahhha

You must be oblivious to Asian actresses in the East

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Rufio

<---Asian

You must be oblivious to Asian actresses in the East

yeap. me being 100% Taiwanese....i'm oblivious.