Charges Filed In Nevada Over Robo-Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Remember when the news said foreclosures were being signed without being read, also known as robo-signing?

Well, the first criminal charges have been filed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...al-case-robo-signing-mortgages_n_1099701.html

I wonder if the people arrested will testify against the big bosses at the banks? It does not do any good to arrest the people at the bottom. Law enforcement needs to work these cases all the way to the top.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Remember when the news said foreclosures were being signed without being read, also known as robo-signing?

Well, the first criminal charges have been filed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...al-case-robo-signing-mortgages_n_1099701.html

I wonder if the people arrested will testify against the big bosses at the banks? It does not do any good to arrest the people at the bottom. Law enforcement needs to work these cases all the way to the top.

Yea, like we'll see Jamie Diamond in jail someday. I'm sure I'm going to win the lottery.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
The banks are going to settle and maybe pay some fines all the while not having to admit any guilt. In other words, business as usual.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
The banks are going to settle and maybe pay some fines all the while not having to admit any guilt. In other words, business as usual.

Thats what is so sad about the whole situation. Those whose actions are ruinous to others go unpunished. A payoff is not justice, especially if you admit no fault/responsibility.

Its time that this robo-signing thing is prosecuted in every state.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007

It won't be business as usual for the title insurance companies. If it's proven that the robo-signings were fraudulent the title insurers could be on the hooks for hundreds of millions of dollars in claims. Title insurance isn't set up to absorb a catastrope of this magnitude. Plus, what do you do with the thousands of people living in homes they may not own?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
They arrested small fry who aren't even bank employees, they are mid and low level employees of companies hired by the banks to get their records in order.

The vast majority of documents these sort of people signed were technically important but in reality irrelevant to the issues of the foreclosure, things like Assignments of Mortgage back from MERS (or pool holder) back to the foreclosing lender/servicer.

Robosigning of foreclosure affidavits without verifying the information therein is bad, but assuming the info in the affidavit was in fact correct, what damage is there to the borrower?

Very much of this robosigning "scandal" is politicians and lawyers grandstanding and being holier than thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.