Chaos Theory: Co-op MP question, regarding 2 person activated objects.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
Me and my brother here at sitting at a few of these situations where two people must press some action key at the same time to activate it. An example:

Level: Nuclear Power (Something like that)
Situation: There's bombs under a subway, you must both defuse them at the same time, but when we both get them open, no matter what key we press, nothing happens.

This situation repeats itself throughout most if not all the levels where teammates must work together by pressing some key at the the same time. What is this 'key'?

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
I'm not sure if I get what you're saying but could you describe the situation a little more in detail, specifically about the subway situation?

I've beaten all the Co-op missions with my buddy so I'm sure there's nothing wrong (but who knows).

What do you mean by "get them open" (regarding the bombs)? And you *do* know how to defuse the bombs, right?

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
It happens at every point where two people must do "something" at the same time. I hope I don't scare anyone away with these specifics, but we're just so lost and I hope we can resolve this asap.

Two examples:
1. There is a mission prior to the train station where two people must do something inside of a "Cryo-Chamber", there are two sides, we both get in the machine and get stuck once we try to do anything, we have no idea what key to hit at the same time in order to activate whatever needs to be activated.

2. The Train mission: We both arrive at the pipe-bombs/lazer explosives. We select "defuse" and the device pops up on our screens, but we have no idea what to do, or press on our keyboards to deactivate it. We've read all the "Data", "Notes/Objectives" but are still very much confused on what exactly we need to do in regards to what keys should be pressed on the keyboard.

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Yeah, I've played the co-op on the game before. :)

Usually, the keys that you use the most are WASD and Spacebar. As for getting out of mini-game, I'm not so sure. ESC doesn't work because it just brings you back to the menu. Or maybe it does get you out. I haven't played the game in awhile so forgive me for any errors I made.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
I'll keep trying but it seems that no matter what keys we hit, we cannot deactivate any laser grid that requires two people on each end.. We'll keep trying. Thanks for the help. :)