changing multiple track genre?

matas

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2005
I had much music on cds, which i downloaded all to my pc. I was sorting out everthing. I moved all to apropriate folders sucks as rock,house,metal,etc.. For example there is a house music folder. There are like 120 tracks, how do a change the genre(house) of all the tracks at the same time. Cuz I dont feel like changing one song seperately. I dont know why it doesnt let me just change all the mp3 in that folder to one genre. I tired select all> properties>summary>advanced ( got message like "there are no summary properties in common among the selected sources) even know, they are all music files.

Did I make any sence?
Sorry for bad english

nordloewelabs

Mar 18, 2005
this is the prog i've been using to "mass-tag" my MP3s for the last 3yrs.... it's a great prog, once you learn how to use it. to make things even better, this app is freeware and open source.

MP3 Tag Tools: http://massid3lib.sourceforge.net/

be careful when you use it, though. if you have several fields of your MP3s selected during the re-tagging, they will *all* be changed at the same time. until you understand how MP3 Tag Tools work, it's a *very* good idea to back up the songs before you start re-tagging them.....or else you will end up with 100 songs with the same genre (House), same name, same artist and same album.... be attentive. "with great power comes great responsability". ;)