Change minor to Web Programming?

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Hello People,
I am a biology major with a computer science(software engineering) minor. The cs and biol programs at my school is pretty tough but not something I can't handle. Anyway, my question is any advice/ideas on changing my minor to Web Programming (programming/design/administration/stuff) instead of Software.

The issue is time and value of the minor. Software is obviously more comprehensive of programming, but I don't really care for C++ (don't mind Java though) or even writing software. Unfortunately the only options to pick from for a CS minor are Software or Web. Also I know from friends of the major that next core classes (common to both the major and minor) take up a sick amount of time (25-30+ hrs/wk). Factor in my remaining genEds, biol classes, studying, and extra-curriculars I'm afraid that either my grades will suffer as a result of the lack of time for CS, or I will be forced to have no life what so ever.

So, if I changed to Web Programming, (here's the real question I suppose) is it a valueable minor? Is Web Programming going to be something I can use or fall back on, or is it just a "dime a dozen" minor? What's the market like out there? I know that the internet/web is only going to get bigger. But will the demand for web programmers as well?

Anyway, any thoughts or advice or flames or whatever you have would be appreciated. I know that this forum is more intelligent than most, which is why I asked here. And if you care at all Here is the link to the CS dept. at my school.

Thanks All
-GooberLX