Discussion Championships thread + poll

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Make your picks!

• Bengals

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Rams

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • 49ers

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
ROFL...no. I like Al Michaels and Chris Collins worth, probably the best in recent history. Not a fan of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman either. Romo MIGHT be OK if he'd just shut up and stop trying to manage the game. "I'd or this," or "I think they should do that," just call the fucking game.
I'd take Romo over Collinsworth all day everyday. Al Michaels is the only reason that duo is passable.

Reactions: BUTCH1

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Jimmy G. He’s bad at everything, except winning. Max kellerman. 😂

kinda like Sexy Rexy. and Jimmy here has his Deebo and his Kittle, so all that is necessary. those dudes do the work because it's so much slant and check-down

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
And unfortunately it makes it harder on SF to let him go if they somehow pull it off.
Maybe for just one more year. But he's out regardless after that. The way rookie contracts work...is like a forced deadline to consummate a marriage. Lance will get his day. Owners don't want to give the union meat for a dispute and they do want to see if a high pick is worth it as well.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
shoot! you were right to close the poll....albeit quite late. still, I was going to mess with it, because I never voted.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You guys certainly wouldn't want Burrow to win, because I would be insufferably effusive in my praise and I got a load of memes and statements locked and loaded, such as:
Burrow is The One
Chase was the prophet
Burrow was crucified and killed by Washington for Cincy's sins of the past and was reborn.
He's a mentally tougher fusion of Tom Brady and Drew Brees
He is The Prodigy
He is the new King of the (AFC) North

You all have been warned.

aaaaand go!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Again, the 9ers swept the Rams and were in the Super Bowl two years ago. Calling them a Cinderella team is a joke.

also, Cinderella simply does not exist at the top league, pro level in any sport. It's just not economically and talent-applicative. It makes a joke of the term. We could get into this....but I hope that the mere suggestion of that makes enough sense. (you know, these are pros the top 1% (or less) of all pro athletes, giant markets, gobs of cash, little real difference on the court. anyhoo...)

Don't want to get into that, haha.

all that being said, even if not for their recent, very solid history, SF is an all-time franchise for the NFL product. They are always very relevant.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
LOL now i'm sad to have missed this on TV, because i thought joe buck was as bad as it could get

basically, all Romo said, at about 56seconds to go, or was it 1:25? Cincy with 1st down on the 20 and no timeouts for KC, on that game-winning run, "and and...Cincinatti's going to the Superbowl!"

which yeah, is dumb but also, well, a very different situation than last week. ...still Jinxy, but not the worst thing a goof can say.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Either NFC team's Dline is a terror to handle. I don't know how Burrow will survive in the Super Bowl with his shit Oline.

Reactions: zinfamous

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
basically, all Romo said, at about 56seconds to go, or was it 1:25? Cincy with 1st down on the 20 and no timeouts for KC, on that game-winning run, "and and...Cincinatti's going to the Superbowl!"

which yeah, is dumb but also, well, a very different situation than last week. ...still Jinxy, but not the worst thing a goof can say.

Romo is hillariously bad....could have really Jinxed the Bengals....I miss John Madden.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Either NFC team's Dline is a terror to handle. I don't know how Burrow will survive in the Super Bowl with his shit Oline.

'tis an excellent point. and just like that--when a guy can take out Deebo like that, on what was a clean hit no less...you gotta worry to face either of these Defenses.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Strong but clean hit to me. Hopefully it is just the wind knocked out of him but it could be ribs.

I think a bit of whiplash for sure--like getting rear-ended in your car when you're at a stop, by a driver using your car to help them decelerate from 45-to-zero in 1 foot... (but also the hit to his chest, obviously), but damn, looks like he's up and OK. so good stuff.

but yeah, super clean but crazy big hit. Man, still makes me wonder how long this game can last....