Discussion Championships thread + poll

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Make your picks!

• Bengals

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Rams

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • 49ers

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
what? no way! Romo has been awesome the last several years. I only recall his first year being dodgy. Not Whitten bad, but close.

Nah, Romo is one of the worst former-player announcers. Like you said, not Witten bad...not Booger McFarland bad...but terrible.

Reactions: Captante

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
YES! YES! YES!.

(Suck it. I can now say Burrow>Josh Allen with no protest from y'all. MWAHAHAHA)
[/QUOTe
Not really, Allen got the TD with 13 seconds left, if they played a normal defense Allen walks out of there the winner, can't blame him for that.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Nah, Romo is one of the worst former-player announcers. Like you said, not Witten bad...not Booger McFarland bad...but terrible.

What? Booger's all right too. At least, he's way better than the people they've put him with--remember that first post-Gruden MNF thing? yikes...

I get it though--old folks like you want serious alcoholics that don't think anything is fun. Or rather, that football is somehow serious business. I like that with Collinsworth and Al Michaels and Summerall, but that shit is dead now. Madden always kinda bridged the seriousness with the fun stupidity of the silly game.

Romo has been most excellent. He's certainly way better than that golfist, Jim Nance. Never could stand that guy.

Reactions: BUTCH1

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I'm surprised at the outcome of this game...I thought for sure the Chefs were going back to the Super Bowl. As a lifelong Steelers fan, I have a strong dislike for the Bungles...but otherwise, I really don't care who won.
I DO hope the Rams can beat the niners though.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
What? Booger's all right too. At least, he's way better than the people they've put him with--remember that first post-Gruden MNF thing? yikes...

I get it though--old folks like you want serious alcoholics that don't think anything is fun. Or rather, that football is somehow serious business. I like that with Collinsworth and Al Michaels and Summerall, but that shit is dead now. Madden always kinda bridged the seriousness with the fun stupidity of the silly game.

Romo has been most excellent. He's certainly way better than that golfist, Jim Nance. Never could stand that guy.

LOL...

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Yup, Romo was a great addition IMO, I'd like to see a city like Cincinnati hoist up the Lombardi, that would be awesome..

Reactions: digiram

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
So now we turn to the last game, could it, would it, somehow continue this off the charts 2022 playoff run?.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Friend of mine just mentioned this, in response to the stat flashed late in that last game:

If Burrow becomes only the 3rd QB to win both the CFBNC, and the Superbowl (Joe Namath, Joe Montana), then that will mean all 3 QBs in history to have ever done this, are all named Joe.

....now that's some 5G, Illuminati shit.

• Wow
Reactions: digiram

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
So, uh, who do you think is an actually GOOD example? Please don't say Theeeeeesman.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Friend of mine just mentioned this, in response to the stat flashed late in that last game:

If Burrow becomes only the 3rd QB to win both the CFBNC, and the Superbowl (Joe Namath, Joe Montana), then that will mean all 3 QBs in history to have ever done this, are all named Joe.

....now that's some 5G, Illuminati shit.

Burrow is also atonement for the Browns not taking the other QB from Ohio when the had the chance. Great to see some in-state talent doing something for a pro team.

Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
...and, that's a Garopollo, missing the wide-open catch and TD to Kittle. You can't do that in the NFL. but there are always some QBs, who just do it so dependably. I don't get it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Burrow is also atonement for the Browns not taking the other QB from Ohio when the had the chance. Great to see some in-state talent doing something for a pro team.

yeah, I remember the story about Burrow's home town from the game a few weeks ago--he basically grew up exactly at the fulcrum between Cleveland, Cincy, and Pittsburgh, so there is a lot of fan overlap in that area. His hometown went from a mixture of team flags over decades (mostly Pittsburgh and Ohio CFB teams), to suddenly about 80-90% Bengals flags, in just the last 2 years. Hahaha.

It's so awesome.

I mean, Burrow is also a transfer from OSU, so he's pretty embedded in that fan base everywhere. Imagine that--2nd string (kinda legitimately, too) QB at a place like OSU, transfers to LSU to win a (T)heisman and a CFBC.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
So, uh, who do you think is an actually GOOD example? Please don't say Theeeeeesman.

ROFL...no. I like Al Michaels and Chris Collins worth, probably the best in recent history. Not a fan of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman either. Romo MIGHT be OK if he'd just shut up and stop trying to manage the game. "I'd or this," or "I think they should do that," just call the fucking game.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
ROFL...no. I like Al Michaels and Chris Collins worth, probably the best in recent history. Not a fan of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman either. Romo MIGHT be OK if he'd just shut up and stop trying to manage the game. "I'd or this," or "I think they should do that," just call the fucking game.

yeah I get it, that's just what I like about him. He's an excited kid. That's why you need the straight guy like Nantz with him. Imagine the disaster if it was Romo, Booger, and Gruden. They all have one.

I agree that Al and CHris are teh best, they are the general standard-bearer from the MNF/Madden-esque Summerall sorta thing. And it works. But they are both straight guys, who happen to be stone-face smashed throughout the broadcast (which you need to be to carry teh standard NFL speaking voice).

Though, Chris also has many mancrushes throughout each game that he likes to confess. It's quite entertaining.