Challenging Assumptions

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Everyone seems pursuaded that the Dems will lose FL & MI in the general election if their Dem voters are "disenfanchised" in the primary process. (Of course many of us are left wondering how this wasn't a concern for about half a year. A recent sudden epiphany corrected that I suppose).

But I think this assumption should be questioned. My primary vote has never counted. I've never lived in an early voting state. This has never kept me from voting in the general election.

Would I pout like a little kid and refuse to vote in the general election were I a FL or MI democrat? H3ll no!

Would it turn me into, gasp, a Republican? Again, h3ll no!

I still think it funny that many say that "the votes must count!", "You cannot disenfranchise the voters of FL & MI", and then turn around and support a system where the DNC created SD's can overturn the voters thus making the vote count meaningless and disenfranchising voters anyway.

Fern

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
How is it not obvious that this is Clinton's plan to attempt to score a few more legit delegates so it doesn't look like the superdelegates superceded the people's vote.

Seriously, is there a bunch of people who don't see this happening for a very specific reason relating to the delegate gap between the two? Politics at its best.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Florida is going to be a hard road for Obama no matter what happens; the fact that he's fighting to disenfranchise their voice because he's afraid of what they might have to say isn't going to look good when he's trying to campaign there (not that I think that's true, I just think that's how McCain/Crist are going to frame it)

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
I've said it a dozen times and I'll say it again, if you think Michigan is going anything but blue come November you're smokin crack, either that real good motown easy listening, from downtown Detroit kinda crack, or the make you say ughhh, get crunk and beat your baby's mamma with a bat, "Flint-stones" kinda crack.

Even with the nations steepest popultion loss, forcing 1-2 million people to leave the state to look for work, most of whom were very blue, former UAW, shoot your self in the foot kinda workers, Michigan will still easily go blue.

Hell they even cheer it at football games up here: "Go Blue!"

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Train
I've said it a dozen times and I'll say it again, if you think Michigan is going anything but blue come November you're smokin crack, either that real good motown easy listening, from downtown Detroit kinda crack, or the make you say ughhh, get crunk and beat your baby's mamma with a bat, "Flint-stones" kinda crack.

Even with the nations steepest popultion loss, forcing 1-2 million people to leave the state to look for work, most of whom were very blue, former UAW, shoot your self in the foot kinda workers, Michigan will still easily go blue.

Hell they even cheer it at football games up here: "Go Blue!"

Michigan is not as firmly Democrat as you make it sound. In 2004 Kerry only won over Bush by 3 points.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Democratic party should tell F and M to live with the consequences of their actions, no the candidates. Their vote should not count, period.