Central Unified teachers angry over raises

Status
Not open for further replies.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/06/26/2888981/central-unified-teachers-angry.html

How much is too much to these guys?

This thread has been reported for containing a needlessly inflammatory and/or misleading thread title.

As reported, the thread title was: "Those evil school unions are at it again!"

The article title cited by the link in your OP is: "Central Unified teachers angry over raises"

I have changed your thread-title to reflect that which the article's author and editor felt most appropriately captured the materially significant aspects of the article you linked.

Should the new title be unacceptable to you, do not alter the thread title without first seeking moderator approval in Moderator Discussions.

Administrator Idontcare

Last edited by a moderator:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol /facepalm

Its good to be boss. you can always vote yourself a pay raise!

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
From stories I've heard that seems to be pretty universal for school administrators. It's pretty damn despicable too.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
From stories I've heard that seems to be pretty universal for school administrators. It's pretty damn despicable too.

same. this ain't the first time i have read that they refuse to give teachers a raise or help the students. then turn around and vote a pay raise.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Once again a failed thread title

weren't there rules against that in this forum?

Just because administrators are at times greedy, does not mean unions are always good.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
same. this ain't the first time i have read that they refuse to give teachers a raise or help the students. then turn around and vote a pay raise.

I've also seen the whole business of creating new administrator positions too that pay a ton while they fire teachers and don't give raises. It's a real nasty bastion of nepotism.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Those evil school unions are at it again!

Once again a failed thread title

weren't there rules against that in this forum?

Just because administrators are at times greedy, does not mean unions are always good.

The article clearly states the teachers are angry at the heads of the Union voting themselves huge pay raises of 7% or more while the teachers get .06 of a raise.

The thread Title is false and misleading and should be sanctioned.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Bernice Bailey, a kindergarten teacher at McKinley Elementary School, said that money for pay raises should be spread evenly to all staff, not just administrators.

Odds are the money should be used to hire MORE teachers. I don't see anything heroic about the what teachers are doing here. Everyone is against these obscene administrator salaries.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Berg said the raises are reasonable, stating that the district's administrative pay is 20% lower than comparable districts.

Maybe the other districts are already overpaying by 20%

Status
Not open for further replies.