Censored songs on the radio??

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
WTF is the point of this??

Is it just me or does it just ruin the whole song??

I say play the uncensored version, or don't play it at all.

amish

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I know. That's why I think that if they are going to adhere to the rules they just shouldn't play the damn songs. It's not like people are thinking, "What are they saying?" when a lyric is cut.

I know it's done to get the artists music out there so people will buy the albums. I just find it terribly annoying when they ruin a perfectly good song.

amish

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
the people own the airwaves.......

danny~! i know what your saying, I don't listen to the radio since they play crap, so that is my solution.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Staind's "It's Been a While" is completely butchered on the radio. YES those two censored words are necessary...it makes the song so much better.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Why do people care so much about censored music???? So the swear words are bleeped out, why does that make the song bad suddenly? If the artist wants the full song to be played, they won't have bad words or they will make an edited version with altered lyrics like Dre did with Last Episode. Radio should be censored. The airwaves are public property and the majority of the people don't want their 5 year old kids hearing rappers saying "fuk you awesome dude's and bitches" all day.

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
we have two rock stations here, one which censors, and one that doesn't. you can guess which one has more listeners(for those who can't guess, it's the one that doesn't censor)
censoring songs is as silly as censoring everything else

Keribeth

Mar 28, 2001
swear words are one thing. I just heard one of eminems songs and almost the whole last verse was bleeped out. not just the swear words but every word that was in reference to violence. is this really necessary?

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Deeko-

I don't care if they censor it. I'm just saying that they should censor it by not playing it at all, versus cutting up the entire rhythm of the song. It's like playing a record or cd with a scratch in it.

amish

SuperWrat

May 10, 2001
sometimes censored songs sound better

like nelly's hot sh*t, the ochiewally song, and like it or not (just a few i remember)

but yes, many songs are better uncensored...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yes, not only does it screw the song but I can list several songs that have the instrumentals taken out (I guess radio wants all lyrics) and these songs were MURDERED by this happening. For example:

Blue rodeo - five days in may (they killed the best part in radio version)
Black crowes - wiser time (brings tears to my eyes what they did)
Alan frew - hold on
Our lady peace - naveed (radio basically kills off 1/3 of the song)

ALSO why in hell can a radio song say "bitch" and yet aerosmith's "Jane has got a gun" often transforms the "put a bullet in his brain" to "left him in the pouring rain". How fruity!

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
I heard a song that had the word Shotgun bleeped out. This wasn't referring to the actual gun, but shotgun as in "riding in the passanger seat of a car" - AND THEY BLEEPED IT!!!! WTF?!