Cellular -- One of the worst movies EVER?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm down here at the beach with my GF and her family. Her cousin wanted to watch Cellular (he brought it on DVD), but I was like "Uhhhh, maybe not. I don't think that's such a good movie from what I've heard."

Everyone else was like, yeah, whatever. It's PG-13 so it's fine for the fam.

I caved, so we watched it. OMG, that was the worst piece of sh!t movie I can remember seeing in recent memory. The acting was SOOO bad, the story was laughable and the production value was just... well, sh!t.

Did this movie even make it in the theaters?

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
I thought the exact same thing when I watched it. It happened to be on Showtime or something a while back and I remember as I watched it thinking to myself, "The acting cant be THIS bad, it must be done on purpose right?" I thought I was missing something and found it hard to believe this was a major motion picture.

Whoever that kid was that starred in it, I hope he doesn't make any more movies.

How could Hollywood have let this go to production is what I want to know. Forget the storyline, many movies have bad story lines and get produced, but the acting was so abysmal SURELY somebody would have noticed???

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: akshatp

Whoever that kid was that starred in it, I hope he doesn't make any more movies.

Isn't he the "flame on" guy from Fantastic Four?

Anyway, how did William H. Masey get sucked into this film. He's actually a pretty decent actor IMHO.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
I agree. Masey generally plays solid roles in solid movies. They must have had some dirt on him, or opened up the checkbook real wide to get him in this thing.

I don't know if it was just me, but even his acting seemed sub-par in this movie. Must have been all the other bad acting around him bringing him down.

That scene in the storage den or whatever it was, on the beach... Horrific.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
The audio levels are horrible in that movie and most of the music is (lossy) compressed to where it's painful to listen to.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
I thought it decent enough. The idea was kind of copied from the superior Phone Booth, except replace the phone booth with a cell, and it's the hostage instead of the killer on the other end.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Yeah, its bad, not as bad as Napoleon Dynamite (currently holding the title for worst movie ever).

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: RGN
Yeah, its bad, not as bad as Napoleon Dynamite (currently holding the title for worst movie ever).

lulz
sure, have an opinion, but try to make sure it's not retarded first