CellPhone died, where can I get a cheap one?

ironk

Jun 18, 2001
Had a verizon Audiovox cdm-8600 thats dying, wondering what the best thing to do to replace it. Still have a year of Verizon on the contract, so i guess i have to get a new verizon compatible cellphone. Audiovox warrants it for a year, but thats expired. Also went to a verizon rep, and they said that i made it wet and they don't cover that.

Don't have much money right now, so a used/refurbished will do. Don't even care if its the same one that i had.

Thanks.

ironk

Jun 18, 2001
thanks, but i don't think i can use those phones on a verizon network.

aic

Golden Member
Oct 13, 1999
I would then recommend ebay and the KYOCERA KX414. Decent phone and I use it on Verizon. No frills but good.

ironk

Jun 18, 2001
any other places that just sell used cellphones on the web? Many results come up on google, i am not sure which is a good place to buy from. Will go ebay if i have to.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
When I had Sprint they offer, after 2 years with them, the chance to redo your contract and get one of the new phones for free like a new subscriber. Check Verizon and see. If nto check out the FS/FT forum and search out verizon. May find a used one cheap in there.

ironk

Jun 18, 2001
yeah, i can't do that. Still have a year left. I am wondering if i could get it repaired somewhere...that might be a better idea.

mattocs

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2005
Fixing a phone will cost more than getting a used one. Check out eBay or ask a friend if they have an old Verizon phone.

EDIT: PM me. I have a Verizon phone in perfect condition with a charger, that has just been sitting here. If you want it, let me know. I'll go try and find it and see what model it is.