Cell Phone Unlocking

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
My sister recently thought her cell phone was stolen. She ordered a new one through her insurance. She found cell phone; Cell Phone Company would not take back new cell phone. I want to buy the old phone for what the insurance charged her.

Her old cell phone Cingular (Motorola V551) is better than my current cell phone AT&T(Nokia 3120). Even though Cingular and AT&T are the same company, my sim card does not work on her phone. I called technical support and they said I need to unlock the phone and they can't help me i need to figure out how.

I googled it and seems everyone wants money, i heard you can do it for free. If i can do it for free that would be awesome, if i need to pay somthing I'll do that too. Either way i dont know what im looking for, i heard it?s a "code" and thats it. If some one has knowledge on the subject please help me out.

BTW if this is the wrong forum sorry.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
The code needs to be 'sent' to it by a network operator. Or the little chinese guy with his laptop and bunch of connecting wires to your phone :p

Koing

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
unlock.nokiafree.org

motos need to be unlocked via a special cable and software, so i think you have to pay.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Koing
The code needs to be 'sent' to it by a network operator. Or the little chinese guy with his laptop and bunch of connecting wires to your phone :p

Koing

$20 and my moto was unlocked :)

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: huesmann
Try Howardforums.

Uhh nope it clearly states computer hardware only.

Koing

You think i can find a little chinese guy around here? or i has to be sent?

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: ViciouS
Originally posted by: huesmann
Try Howardforums.

Uhh nope it clearly states computer hardware only.

Koing

You think i can find a little chinese guy around here? or i has to be sent?

Go around your Chinatown. Ask around.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Chinatown will have loads of guys.

I live in England so I don't know where you are in the states or pretty much any info on stuff like that for the states.

Koing

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
Found a place locally that does it right down the street. Oh i asked him if he was a little Chinese guy, and he hung up on me. I called back and he said says he hates when Asians are generalized as Chinese, so i said, "your a little Asian guy", he said, "yes", then hung up on me again.

*edit for spelling

ViciouS

Golden Member
Apr 1, 2001
Got it unlocked, this is a REALLY kewl phone. Cingular ringtones suck anyone know a website that i can DL somthing so i can put my own ringtones on? i picked up a usb connector :p

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
when you unlock, does it make it work all GSM compatable networks?

and for the unlocking code, is it unique to each phone or the same for all the phones?