chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Im in the market for some cdr's after running out finaly. I was thinking anyone know any cheap yet good quality bulk packs or any good deals currently running? In the past my burner has rejected media but im thinkin if all the media is rated like 40x now, and i have a 16x burner it should work fine rite?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
What ever is cheapest is what I go with. Imation for the most part, but using Sony's now. Is there that much of a difference between the media nowadays?

KK

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: KK
What ever is cheapest is what I go with. Imation for the most part, but using Sony's now. Is there that much of a difference between the media nowadays?

KK
Taiyo Yudens are highly recommended as archival-grade media. They're the OEM for FujiFilm CDRs, which are frequently very affordable after rebate. In the U.S., TY media is easiest to identify by looking for "Made in Japan" on the rebranded spindle labeling. The most common cheap-after-rebate deals are at Best Buy (B&M and .com).

Strange thing happened to one of my TY CDRs recently, specifically a TDK CDR. I use small Post-It notes to (temporarily) label my CDRs; I could use a Sharpie but I'll perhaps label my CDRs with Stomper labels someday instead. Anyway, just last week I pulled the Post-It note from the CDR and it peeled off two patches of the media layer, destroying that disk.

FujiFilm tops seem to be a lot more durable than the center of TDK where this freak problem occurred, but I may be a lot more careful about using Post-It notes in the future. If I weren't so lazy, I'd snap & post a pic of the coaster.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Damn that must have been some strong glue on that post-it. :)
I've never heard of that happening. Isn't the data enclosed in the plastic, stamped inbetween?

KK