CDC announces recall of HPV vaccine

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
[link]

i know that some vaccines may be necessary for some people, but having lifelong complications from many of the things they claim to protect against are very rare (e.g., 1/3 of the people targeted by the expensive shingles vaccine are not susceptible and only 5% of the 2/3 who are susceptible to it have any complications after a few weeks) and even then more research should be done to determine who is at risk and what is actually in the vaccines (for example, pumping an infant or pre-born fetus full of mercury cant be harmless) rather than giving them indiscriminately.

and i just dont trust a company that would lobby the TX governor to mandate that all of his female subjects get an HPV vaccine.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
what does this -

The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was informed by Merck on Monday that the pharmaceutical company planned to recall one lot of Gardasil [Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant].
The CDC media statement released yesterday states that the recall is because a number of vials may contain glass particles as a result of breakage during the vaccine manufacturing process.

have to do with what you argue?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
So a manufacturing defect gets a batch recalled.

Sounds like safety regulations worked.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I can't believe that people are being denied the opportunity to have glass injected in them by over bearing government regulation. /s

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I can't believe that people are being denied the opportunity to have glass injected in them by over bearing government regulation. /s
i dont know why merck was so negligent... maybe they can afford to be since they hold a lot of ip. maybe they can afford to be negligent because the u.s.g. keeps up the pro-vaccine propaganda.

and, if you think that mercury being injected into people (many of whom arent even 6 weeks old) is harmless then i dont know what else to tell you.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
i dont know why merck was so negligent... maybe they can afford to be since they hold a lot of ip. maybe they can afford to be negligent because the u.s.g. keeps up the pro-vaccine propaganda.

and, if you think that mercury being injected into people (many of whom arent even 6 weeks old) is harmless then i dont know what else to tell you.

And we're supposed to take the opinion of the guy who didn't even bother to read the article he posted?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net

Recalling a product due to contamination is the correct action...period!

As for mercury it's been used in very low doses since the 1930's, seems like if it was a real issue there would have been many people affected by it's use.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concerns/Thimerosal/Index.html

Thimerosal

Information about Thimerosal

Since 2001, with the exception of some influenza (flu) vaccines, thimerosal is not used as a preservative in routinely recommended childhood vaccines.

Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative used in some vaccines and other products since the 1930's. There is no convincing evidence of harm caused by the low doses of thimerosal in vaccines, except for minor reactions like redness and swelling at the injection site. However, in July 1999, the Public Health Service agencies, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated in vaccines as a precautionary measure.
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/thimerosal.htm

Is thimerosal in vaccines linked to autism?

Numerous studies have found no association between thimerosal exposure and autism. CDC places a high priority on vaccine safety, surveillance, and research. CDC is aware that the presence of the preservative thimerosal in vaccines and allegations of a relationship to autism have raised public concerns. These concerns have made decisions surrounding vaccinations confusing and difficult for some people. Since 2001, no new vaccine licensed by FDA for use in children has contained thimerosal as a preservative and all vaccines routinely recommended by CDC for children younger than 6 years of age have been thimerosal-free, or contain only trace amounts of thimerosal, except for some formulations of influenza vaccine. Unfortunately, reductions in the numbers of children identified with autism have not been observed indicating that the cause of autism is not related to a single exposure such as thimerosal.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
And we're supposed to take the opinion of the guy who didn't even bother to read the article he posted?
well, i would never use violence against you unlike the U.S.G. it hurts my feelings that you trust the U.S.G. more than you trust me but i support your right to do so.
As for mercury it's been used in very low doses since the 1930's, seems like if it was a real issue there would have been many people affected by it's use.
vaccines probably contributed to autism when thermirosal was in them. and we dont know what everything in every vaccine is.

vaccines are old order anyway... it is time to find cures but that wont be easy when vaccine makers are cartelized.

Last edited:

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
vaccines probably contributed to autism when thermirosal was in them. and we dont know what everything in every vaccine is.

From my last reply.

Since 2001, no new vaccine licensed by FDA for use in children has contained thimerosal as a preservative and all vaccines routinely recommended by CDC for children younger than 6 years of age have been thimerosal-free, or contain only trace amounts of thimerosal, except for some formulations of influenza vaccine. Unfortunately, reductions in the numbers of children identified with autism have not been observed indicating that the cause of autism is not related to a single exposure such as thimerosal.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
well, i would never use violence against you unlike the U.S.G. it hurts my feelings that you trust the U.S.G. more than you trust me but i support your right to do so.

As I support your right to speak your mind. However I find it funny you want people to trust you when again by your admission you don't actually read the articles you post about.

Spend time researching your positions and make cogent arguments based on facts and data.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
So a manufacturing defect gets a batch recalled.

Sounds like safety regulations worked.
Regulations? Bah. Just another example the government not minding its own damn business, and stifling profitability of a company.

</sarcasm>

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

Penn and Teller have a great segment dedicated to people like you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhk7-5eBCrs

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
thank you:) however, i am rather suspicious of teller because he makes a shitload of money and he's more of a CATO guy than an lewrockwell/LvMI guy. the fact that he is against conspiracy theories is enough to turn me away from him anyway.

I love you for your honesty. I see in you Christ on the cross and all I want is your resurrection. You are a beautiful bird with a broken wing. Focus on the bird and not the wing. Flight is imagination without fear.