CD & DVD Writer, Burner Software??

seamorton

Feb 11, 2016
Current OS is Win 7 64 bit. Would like to know what our anandtech forum family would suggest a good cd/dvd writer, burner, copying software that will work satisfactorily with the OS? Your assistance concerning this matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to help this SC with this. SM

Nov 25, 2013
Current OS is Win 7 64 bit. Would like to know what our anandtech forum family would suggest a good cd/dvd writer, burner, copying software that will work satisfactorily with the OS? Your assistance concerning this matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to help this SC with this. SM

What I've been using for the past several years (on Win 7 64bit), StarBurn

http://www.starburnsoftware.com/products/starburn/overview

seamorton

Feb 11, 2016
What I've been using for the past several years (on Win 7 64bit), StarBurn

http://www.starburnsoftware.com/products/starburn/overview
Thanks so very much for taking the time to update this. This SC spent some time doing a little tinkering with some OLD dvd & cd burning software I had laying around & a multitude of software that was posted here.
Came across an unlicensed version software called Express Burn by NCH for home use. Not sure how it happened but I must of pressed the right buttons as it copied, burned, etc. the dvd I wanted done.
My next choice will be downloading the link in quote and seeing if I can follow it through??
Thanks again for the link and others for the input.

Kindest regards ...... SM ...... USAF 62-66

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Is ImgBurn still updated? That was the de-facto free burner for awhile.

There's also CDBurnerXP which is actually for all versions of Windows.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
ImgBurn is still my go-to for burning, not so much for actual "backup" of DVDs and the like. Check out MakeMKV instead.