CCNA, worth it?

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've got A+ N+ and MCSE, but as I've found the hardway, I'm nothing without experience. I havent had a job or even an interview in almost two years.

I'm currently in University taking Computer Science, and I obtained a very good CCNA eBook, which looks to be published by Cisco. So since I have it here, and I have spare time I am considering studying it, and challenging the tests. Is it worth my time? Or just a waste?

ePinions!

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
If you just want to stop at the CCNA, I don't think it'll get you very far. It'll just benefit you as in "hey, this is nice to know", but by itself it doesn't carry much weight... IMO

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
What ads to it?

(note i am A+ N+ and MCSE already, CCAN wouldnt be a nice complement?)

DWW

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2003
Believe it or not people respect CCNA more then MCSE when you look for jobs :)
I have both (and MCSA). I liked CCNA for sure just because it was interesting and such. MCSE wasn't anything fun as you know, just a way for me to kill some time between high school and university.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: DaZ
What ads to it?

(note i am A+ N+ and MCSE already, CCAN wouldnt be a nice complement?)

What adds to the CCNA? I don't remember the names too well, but CCNA is what I call "Intro to Cisco Networking" which anyone can take and mostly pass. Like taking a 101 class. If you want to take more, I would say go on with the CCNP and CCIE. Those are a little more selective.