CC screwed me! will a letter to the president make me happy? *Fix'd mistakes*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: BDawg
Write CC, use the words bait & switch, and threaten to write your state's AG.

There ya go. I see evidence of it in this case, although over a longer time frame than normal.

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
if it's an email, just slip the word "lawsuit" randomly somewhere in it, it's probably automated anyway.

That way it'll be read by someone :p

JetsFanatic

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2001
www.wharffrat.com
Originally posted by: Evadman

There ya go. I see evidence of it in this case, although over a longer time frame than normal.

I want to give them a chance to redeem themselves first before going in that direction.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: JetsFanatic
Originally posted by: Evadman

I want to give them a chance to redeem themselves first before going in that direction.

I wouldn't. Chances are, your second letter won't be read.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you want them to do something, reduce the size of your letter by 75%. Explain simply and clearly what happened and what you want them to do. Keep it simple.

1. You put a deposit down on November XX, promised delivery by Dec. 28. Do not use the term "Black Friday".
2. You repeatedly checked on delivery, never told that it was not going to be delivered until after Dec. 28. This prevented you from finding a comparable model for over a month, even though CC knew on Dec. 1 they were not able to fulfill your order. Your funds were tied up for an entire month for no reason.
3. You want CC to find a comparable model for the agreed-upon price because you were never notified that your order could not be fulfilled and they had your $520 for a month longer than necessary due to their lack of timely notification to you, which kept you from finding another model during that time. If they can't, you would agree to accept the floor model from your store along with the three-year service plan for the original price of $2599.

Now, on another topic. What difference does it make that the demo model was in use for a month? Does a $2599 TV have that short of a lifespan?

flot

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Kranky - Yes, plasma TVs are unusually succeptable to "burn-in" and since 1 month of in store use is easily equivalent to 6-9 months of casual viewing, I'd say he did the right thing by refusing the display.

JetsFan - I wouldn't be overly threatening, but make your point and desired resolution very clear in your letter...

JetsFanatic

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2001
www.wharffrat.com
Originally posted by: kranky
What difference does it make that the demo model was in use for a month? Does a $2599 TV have that short of a lifespan?

Plasmas have a lifespan of 20,000 hours or so. This lifespan measures the time it takes to reach half brightness.
So it does matter.