CBS reportedly refocused tonight's Democratic debate on terror, security

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Democrats don't have to say anything, all they have to do is take the neocon policy to 11 and blame someone else.

Riiight... as if Libya & now Syria are even the same order of magnitude as the invasions of Afghanistan & Iraq.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
According to the Democrat Party, it's neither of those. It's climate change. I'd have thought at least half of any debate would be centered around that.

Climate change comes from a lack of pirates ye fool.

graph.png

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
Riiight... as if Libya & now Syria are even the same order of magnitude as the invasions of Afghanistan & Iraq.

We've had this discussion before. Obama left Iraq when he was told to (the mercs are probably still there) and we're still in Afghanistan.

Also this, so spare me. See my Syria thread for a catalogue of misadventures trying to start a "proper" war in Syria.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
We've had this discussion before. Obama left Iraq when he was told to (the mercs are probably still there) and we're still in Afghanistan.

Also this, so spare me. See my Syria thread for a catalogue of misadventures trying to start a "proper" war in Syria.

So what? That counters what I offered not at all. Republicans squealed like frustrated little princesses when Obama honored the troop withdrawal agreement with Iraq that GWB had made. They've whined every time troop reductions were made in Afghanistan, as well.

Wake me when Obama deploys nearly 500K troops for the invasion of anywhere, OK?

Particularly if it's on the flimsy pretexts & lies employed wrt Iraq.

Knowing

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2014
Democrats voted for that. They also haven't seemed to care about our middle east shenanigans since.

Also, literally where do you get the idea that I'm defending Bush? Okay, okay, I'll say something nice about Bush to give you some ammunition: No one has presented evidence that he ordered the execution of citizens without trials.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Democrats voted for that. They also haven't seemed to care about our middle east shenanigans since.

Also, literally where do you get the idea that I'm defending Bush? Okay, okay, I'll say something nice about Bush to give you some ammunition: No one has presented evidence that he ordered the execution of citizens without trials.

You realize a majority of congressional democrats voted against the AUMF for Iraq, right?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Bullshit. Google "democrats syria".

You're playing the "They're just as Bad!" routine when it's obviously not true.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Looks like I struck a nerve there eh.... Sanderclaus and Klinton are about as weak on national security and military strength as TJX was with their data security to suggest otherwise is pretty laughable.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...-presidential-race/ar-BBn0EOW?ocid=spartandhp

remember you're talking about the two folks from the party that are more concerned with labels than they are stepping up to the problem http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/14/democratic-debate-iowa-hillary-clinton-refuses-say/

under Obama, we have carried out an average of 530 airstrikes a month for the past 15 months against ISIS. that is over 17 airstrikes per day.

apparently you would prefer old school boots on the ground and thousands of US casualties to smart modern warfare. either that or you are just an ignorant partisan hack.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
under Obama, we have carried out an average of 530 airstrikes a month for the past 15 months against ISIS. that is over 17 airstrikes per day.

apparently you would prefer old school boots on the ground and thousands of US casualties to smart modern warfare. either that or you are just an ignorant partisan hack.

Lol! Ignorant partisan hack? Now what in his posts could possibly led you to think that?

/s

Nov 30, 2006
Not exactly. I'm not the one reduced to false equivalency & vague allusions to so-called "failings".
"vague allusions to so-called failings"...do I actually need to enumerate a few for you?

How about the "Reset" strategy with Russia as well as throwing a NATO ally (Poland) under the bus with a major unilateral concession, Syria (Red Line, rebel training debacle, etc.), Afghanistan surge, Libya, Ukraine, Yemen, Iraq, ISIS, Iran nuke deal...just to name a few of these so-called failings .

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I don't think you realize how close you've come to something we should have learned in Afghanistan, that fear alone will not quell what are attempts at self determination. That's what the Taliban and ISIS both want. That doesn't mean they're not wearing fucked up headsets, at all.

They can't be beaten into submission w/ airstrikes alone. They have to be beaten at the squad level, mano a mano if the survivors are to learn the kind of respect it takes to eventually make peace, one way or another. It's inherent in a warrior mentality.

I'm sure they see us as cowards. It's inevitable when we substitute technology for valor. Sometimes I wonder if they're right.

We wage war arrogantly, believing ourselves to be safe from it, that our price in blood is low enough for us to make it attractive when it shouldn't be. They'll do what they can to show us that we're wrong.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I'm sure they see us as cowards. It's inevitable when we substitute technology for valor. Sometimes I wonder if they're right.
You we doing fine then you seriously say this?

Shooting unsuspecting unarmed people at a concert with automatic rifles is definitely the work of a valiant warrior though right?

But if you are dumb enough to try to debate how they would do in a stand up fight against our armed forces we have already had examples on the train in France and in Garland Texas so hopefully you don't even bother with that stupidity.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"vague allusions to so-called failings"...do I actually need to enumerate a few for you?

How about the "Reset" strategy with Russia as well as throwing a NATO ally (Poland) under the bus with a major unilateral concession, Syria (Red Line, rebel training debacle, etc.), Afghanistan surge, Libya, Ukraine, Yemen, Iraq, ISIS, Iran nuke deal...just to name a few of these so-called failings .

Yep. You bitch when Obama makes war and when he makes peace, too.

It's all wrong simply because he's doing it, obviously, black libruhl usurper that he is.

He's a sekrit Mooslim and a member of a radical black Christian church! He wasn't born in this country! He's a Commie! He's a Nazi! A warmonger and an appeaser who's soft on Terrar! A tyrant who refused to defend DOMA & federal marijuana law in legalized states! A gun grabber who gave away guns to Mexican cartels!

It's a wonder that Righties don't just lock up in catatonia from all the contradictions they embrace, it truly is.

Oh, yeh- Benghazi! Jade Helm! Oh, God, Jade Helm!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You we doing fine then you seriously say this?

Shooting unsuspecting unarmed people at a concert with automatic rifles is definitely the work of a valiant warrior though right?

But if you are dumb enough to try to debate how they would do in a stand up fight against our armed forces we have already had examples on the train in France and in Garland Texas so hopefully you don't even bother with that stupidity.

I didn't say that.

OTOH, it takes no valor at all to blow people out of their hovels in the hills of Pakistan from your swivel chair somewhere in Nevada. It doesn't take much more to drop precision guided bombs from supersonic aircraft against an enemy who has virtually no air defense capability.

When we take it to them that way they'll obviously bring it to us any way they can.